Mini Goal #1 Reached!

Options
So, I have set 6 mini goals to add up to my 1 big goal of weight loss. My big goal is losing 150 pounds, but my mini goals are 25 pounds at a time. A little back story...

I'm 25 years old, and been married for 3 years. We dated for 4 years before getting married, so we've been together a total of 7 years. When we started dating we were both 18, and I was sort of active in high school. I didn't have a car so I walked a lot, and my senior year I took a weight lifting class. My highest weight then was 166 pounds. I have gained weight over the last 7 years, and part of that was because we went out on lots of dates, so lots of dinners (not healthy ones at all) out at restaurants. I've always been curvy, but I felt like I looked alright. I didn't really think about it when my jeans no longer fit the same way. I guess I thought if I didn't really acknowledge it, no one else would either.

As I entered the working world and got a "real" job, which was working in a bank, I started to gain more. I was sitting all day, eating out where the rest of the branch wanted to eat, and not really doing anything active after I got off work. One of the worst days and embarrassments of my life was when a customer asked me (in front of all my co-workers and other customers) when I was due. I was crushed! I knew that I carried my weight in my lower belly area but I didn't think I looked pregnant. My co-workers didn't mention it, I think they knew how mortified I was. I later went from that position to a position in the call center. Again, long hours sitting at a computer, eating at my desk, I gained more weight. I was leaving with a friend one day and in the elevator I once again had someone ask "when are you due?". I was speechless. It was being thrown in my face that I was gaining a noticeable amount of weight.

I "tried" to lose weight all those years, but I never REALLY tried. I'm currently working at another bank, and up until recently we had uniforms. Black pants, black polo shirt. Very simple, very basic. Very black. The dress code changed and we are now allowed to wear business casual clothing. I was so excited! I had so many clothes that I wore at the other bank I worked at. I came home and started going through my clothes, only to realize NONE of them fit. I couldn't really afford a new wardrobe, but I had to do something, so I spent about $200 on new clothes. It sucked so bad! I was so upset, so I finally realized I needed to face the music and weight myself and see how much I had gained. I stepped on the scale and when 274.4 came up, I was devastated. I had gained over 100 pounds in 7 years. I asked my husband why he never told me, and he said he didn't really notice it. LIE! Lol. Anyway, About 13 weeks ago I decided to really buckle down and start losing weight. I got the MFP app, and started logging. I couldn't believe the amount of calories that I was taking in normally. After counting calories and paying attention to what I ate, the pounds started coming off.

Today, I am officially down 25 pounds. YAY!!!

I can see a difference in the way my clothes fit, and I can even wear clothes (brand new!) that I couldn't before. It's so awesome. But, I am having trouble accepting the weight loss. I'm still incredibly shy about what I wear, I still feel (sometimes) that I'm huge! I don't know how to shake it. My success is overwhelming.

This is my success story, so far, and I hope to have more. And I hope soon that my brain can connect the weight loss to what my eyes see.

I would LOVE to read some success stories, it's very motivating. :) Sorry for writing a book on here, and thanks for reading it!

Replies

• sammiehof
    sammiehof Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done sounds like you ready to kick butt! :smile:
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story! How embarrassing to be mistaken for being pregnant twice, that would motivate me to do something with myself as we'll. congratulations on meeting your first goal! I know you can meet your next goal. Just keep your eyes on the prize!
  • MistieWalters
    Options
    Your story is very inspiring! My own is a lot like that. I let myself get lazy and sit around for way too long until I topped out at 265 almost 2 years ago. I was so upset.. I started walking a lot and right when I got down to 255 I found out I was pregnant.. By the end of my pregnancy I was at 280, and due to so much stress and other issues I was dealing with at home with myself, I let it continue and topped out at a horrifying 293.7lbs. I cried so hard for so long. My fiance and I talked about it and I decided only I could make a change! So I joined MFP April 14, 2013 and as of yesterday I am 13lbs lighter!! YAY, I'm almost to my first goal of 20lbs lost. From April to May I lost 11lbs, and only 2lbs from May to Now... I slacked off quite a bit. (Mostly stressing about finding a job causing it.. but then again thats just an excuse) So, I just recently started going to the gym again. So I'm hoping to stay on track better than I did this first half of the month. My long term goal is to get to 150, so I have a long way to go too! I know we can do it though! Add me if you'd like! I'm always open to new friends! With faith and hard work we can make it to our goals in no time!

MFP FOR LIFE :D
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Off to a great start!!! Keep up the good work.....:happy:
  • errkastarbucks
    Options
    I found 2 pictures that show the weight loss.. and it's inspiring to see, at least to me. :) The first picture was taken New Year's Eve, and the second was take this past week.

Before: 274.4 After: 249.4

[img]http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t621/errkastarbucks/Weight Loss/25ea48f7-03b0-4399-a80a-74c4116991f5_zpsb3ba2177.jpg[/img]
  • therealaubrey
    therealaubrey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job! We have a very similar story. So eerie! I was active/in shape and married when I was 20, immediately got a desk job at a bank. Then worked in a call center for their brokerage dept. Gained 90 pounds over 10 years of marriage. Hubby said he didn't notice the gain either. Congrats on your loss. Keep it up!
  • BevieDino
    BevieDino Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look great
  • AdriSaysRelax
    Options
    Woot! Way to go, lady! You're already looking great, and going to hit that next goal sooner than you think!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!