Met any of your MFP friends face to face?

Options
runner2runner
runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
The ones you already knew before joining don't count by the way!

I met one of my MFP friends a few months ago when I found out she lives Pretoria in South Africa, where I also live. I convinced her to join my running group and she agreed and thats how we met! We still meet every now and then at races and during the weekly running sessions with the running group!

Anyone else ever met their MFP friends face to face? And what did it feel like?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I've met three. And each time was awesome.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I've met one, and he's one of my best friends now :)
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    After my grandmother died last year I left MFP, but kept in contact with one of my MFP friends who really helped me to get through the months after. I met her in person in November and she's since become like a sister to me. She's amazing, and it feels amazing to have developed this level of friendship with someone I met here on the interwebs. She's part of why I am back on here, part of how I made it through the rest of last year and the beginning of this year. She is family. And she is once again one of my MFP friends. :heart: :heart:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    4 of us, one here on holiday from the states, met up in Chester, UK last weekend for the day :-)
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    NO hopefully I can get a group together and we can do tough mudder or a hike
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I've met 3. It was awesome, fun, and involved booze. :drinker:

2u7lpjr.gif
  • nblais06
    nblais06 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have not met any. Would be fun though
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I haven't met one... but I would like to have more MFP friends from my country and who knows... eventually meet them. :bigsmile:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I wish! but honestly it would probably be awkward as my FL is full of awesome people and I would be the starstruck one to embarrassed to say anything.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I've met 3. It was awesome, fun, and involved booze. :drinker:

2u7lpjr.gif

the person I'd most like to meet is candy's gramma, wela. shes the bomb. she tells all the fvckasses whats what. hahahahah.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep! FANTASTIC,,, but I pick good friends,
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    oh and no, I haven't met anyone off here. I live in a community of 20-50 people on the west coast, when a mean surf break and a general store. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on mfp.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes I did.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Meeting one of my pal who have become like a really close friend to me next week. Am looking forward to meeting her.
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    good topic....i haven't met anyone in person....but i'd love a training partner who lives near.

I'd love to go on a fitness holiday with a bunch of inspiring, understanding, encouraging and motivating people.

nice to see friendships flourishing here :drinker:
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Well I already know a few of my MFP friends from Roller derby and other places. But one girl I didn't know was my MFP friend then i put two and two together and now we talk a lot at derby. But I've never been friends on MFP then arranged to meet up.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't think any of my friends live near by, too bad some are pretty awesome!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Yes. He was an *kitten*.

Met up when I was in Melbourne. We went out clubbing, we hung out with my friends from Melbourne, then I felt bad and went along with him to meet up with his friends. 5 minutes later, he ditched me to go and dance with some girl and left me standing by myself.

Nice.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yes. He was an *kitten*.

Met up when I was in Melbourne. We went out clubbing, we hung out with my friends from Melbourne, then I felt bad and went along with him to meet up with his friends. 5 minutes later, he ditched me to go and dance with some girl and left me standing by myself.

Nice.

:flowerforyou:
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have never met any but I am sure I will run into some friends from my list as I have 6 or 7 all living within the same town as me.