Calorie Carry-over?

Options
duckiec
duckiec Posts: 241 Member
I had a really busy day with two workouts. Fell asleep while my dinner was heating, and significantly under-ate.

Should I try to make up (some) of those calories? Today? Can carry them over to the weekend, and have something bigger then, which will average out over the week? Spread them out the rest of the week, so I'm not significantly over any individual day?

Just wondering what other people, do, and what the smartest choice might be in terms of metabolism (though I'm guessing a day or two of wackyness makes no long term difference). Thanks!

Replies

• marfhutch
    marfhutch Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I really want to know about this too! I quite often undereat during the week (especially as I do count my exercise cals), but then like to splurge at the weekend. If the weekly total is the same, does it matter?
  • shelled
    shelled Posts: 31
    Options
    If you have an iPhone and use the MFP app, try to look at your WEEKLY caloric intake instead of your daily since we are mostly aiming for weekly caloric reduction of 3500 kcal to lose 1 lb a week. (Or 7000 kcal a week for loss of 2 lbs, etc)

Also, don't worry about the "lost" calories if you didn't feel any significant difference without them. Sometimes we forget that we are losing weight and our bodies don't need that much calories anymore. :)
  • latysh
    latysh Posts: 29
    Options
    Read this:) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/964585-carry-over-calories?hl=carrying+over+workout+calories#posts-14856553
    Yes carrying over calories is fine, within 48 hours is the best to keep balance and not binge eat on the weekend:drinker: