5'5 females how much do you weigh?

Options
i have a medium frame, 18, female, currently 123
does anyone know what weight i should be aiming for to be a size 6?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Depends on your build. Also if you work to reduce your overall BF% (instead of weight) it could be a higher weight than what you are now (just a possibility).

For example, when I was 125-135 (don't remember exactly, but in that range) depending on the brand I would either wear a 7 or 9 and I'm 5'4.5". (I have a picture on my profile from then)

Also if you look on: Mybodygallery.com

Filters: 5'5" Age: under 25 Weight: Any Pant Size: 6

1st picture it pulled up : 133lbs
    2nd picture: 138lbs
    3rd picture: 138lbs
    4th: 135lbs
    5th: 135lbs
    Well I think you get the point. Looking through the pictures I see a lot of 130-138lbs with a size 6 in pants.

edit: found a picture of a lady who is apparently 158lbs and wearing a size 6.
  • Noenvynofear
    Noenvynofear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    sorry thats uk size 6 so us size 2 i think. thanks for the website though :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

*shrug*

Either way though, I think it has more to do with BF% than weight. A person who weighs for example 125lbs and has more muscle and less fat will wear a smaller size than the person who weighs 125lbs but has more fat/less muscle on their body.
  • Beckaroo94
    Beckaroo94 Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 5, and I'm a UK size 12 to 14 (leaning more toward 14 </3 ) weighing 162 lb. Aiming to go for 9 stone 7 lb. Not sure what size that will be
  • katiekatiekatie7
    Options
    I'm 5'5 too and weigh in at 153lbs and fit a UK size 12 clothing. Aiming for 126 lbs (9stone) but don't know what that will be in terms of clothing size :/
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options

Just depends on the person/build. I'm 5ft, 6 in and a medium frame. I weigh 125lbs and wear size 4 jeans/size 2 shorts and size 0 skirts.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"7, currently 122 pounds and a uk size 8. To be uk size 6 and given my height, I need to be 110 pounds. This makes sense to me as it takes me 5-7kg to drop a dress size. That's my ultimate aim anyway, to be a uk size 6 with a 24" waist!

For your height, I reckon you need to be 100-110 pounds to be a UK 6. True measurements of a 24" waist and 34-35" hips, not vanity sizing. What is your UK size now?
  • mamaChristine
    mamaChristine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4.5" and 115lb today. I am very thin framed with hips. I bought a pair of size 26 jeans today, the equivalent of a true size 6. There is only one store I have shopped in that sizes their clothes in a way that I have to buy a 4 from them, otherwise I buy a 6 everywhere else.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    i have a medium frame, 18, female, currently 123
    does anyone know what weight i should be aiming for to be a size 6?

As mentioned before, it really depends on your body composition.

I'm 5'5" tall and weigh 135.

I also wear size 4. I hit size 6 when I weighed 140.

I have quite a bit of lean mass and lift weights regularly and even did a bulk cycle a few years back (and worked to maintain what I gained for a few years).
  • Noenvynofear
    Noenvynofear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    uk size 8 now, 123 lbs, 31 inch hips 24 1/2 inch waist
  • MrsDundas87
    Options
    I'm 5'5 too and weigh in at 153lbs and fit a UK size 12 clothing. Aiming for 126 lbs (9stone) but don't know what that will be in terms of clothing size :/

im 9st 5lbs and a size 10 on the bottom and 12 on the top. Depends where you shop as well.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 5" and although I have had a once week 'holiday' from counting calories and put on a little, I average 132lbs. Size 10 trousers and skirts / 12 for tops and dresses - UK sizes.
  • kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'5" and 135-140 pounds and I'm in a US 2/4 with a 37" hip (which is a dressmaker's 6, haha). My mom and I wear the same size but she weighs 20-30 pounds less than I do. It totally depends on your LBM, BF% and where you carry your weight.
  • slhodge78
    slhodge78 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I weigh 117 lbs. I wear a US size 2. I have worn this size since I weighed 120 lbs.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Around 215 down to 134, hoping to be 125
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Oh.... how one could only dream........ :cry:

Can't even bring myself to participate with input but wanted you ladies to know how beautiful and envied you are. :heart:

Edit: I opened the thread because I too am 5'5
  • rosellasweet
    rosellasweet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Why are you so concerned about what size clothing you fit into? You look great!
  • andiecheyenne
    andiecheyenne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm about 223ish. My ultimate goal is to be 175 again, because I was healthy when I was 175.

I think you look great. :)
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options

Same height and weight, but I'm a US size 8. I'm aiming for around the same, however, weight doesn't matter to me, inches do, I'm looking to get my BF% to around 18-20%, sitting at 25% I believe.
  • Iklepink
    Iklepink Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5 current weight 169lbs and I wear uk size 10 or 12. I have quite a lot of muscle. When I was 16 I was a competitive swimmer and used to train around 30 hours a week. Back then I weighed 185lb and wore a uk size 8. Body composition will determine your size more than your weight will.