For anyone 200+

Options

Replies

• harter97
    harter97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's such a struggle everyday. I have two kids that constantly fight and I use it as an excuse to not work out. Started here last year weighing 220 and I don't think I even last two weeks. Started again at the end of July weighin 240 and now am at 232....it feels like it takes forever. I had a few really bad days of eating junk and not working out, but am getting back on track. I love the food tracking and exercise tracking, but I really need to find a group to join for accountability and encouragement. I have great friends, but they don't get it. Most of them can eat whatever they want and run miles and miles whenever they want. I am exhausted after 25 minutes walking on the treadmill. I tried to confide in a friend the other day and her response was that I am just too hard on myself and then she said, come on....it's not like you are 200 lbs or something. UH YA...I AM!!!! Made me so mad!! It's nice that somehow I look lighter than I am, but I haven't been under 200 in a couple of years and I am constantly exhausted. I'm just sick of this life and really need to try to live a better life.....any suggestions and encouragement for changing the habits of a whole family will be greatly appreciated.
  • harter97
    Options
    And did I mention how much I hate seeing 0 lbs lost!!!! Once you join you can't change your start weight, so because I started a year ago I have to lose the 20 before I start seeing a loss on the ticker.....kind of depressing!!!
  • browneyesbb89
    browneyesbb89 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Dang Men! Luckily my husband has never asked me and he fell in love with me the way I am but I want to be healthy. I weighed in at 261.4 this morning. Oy! I started out at about 283.0. These last couple of weeks have been hit and miss with exercise. I am pretty sure the four sugar cookies I ate last night while baking them are gonna catch up to me next week. Frankly the way I have been eating the last couple of weeks I am suprised it hasn't caught up to me yet. I want to lose 20 lbs more before I go on a cruise in November, and another 10 lbs by Christmas. I have to do this. I just have to. I am sick of being fat!
  • harter97
    Options
    I figured out how to go in and change my start weight to my weight in July.....thank you for the info!! It just helps mentally to see a loss on the ticker, doesn't it?!?
  • harter97
    Options
    So I just had an idea for a name....

'Less than Him' :laugh: it seems to be a recurring theme with everyone's posts this week that they want to weigh less than their significant others, and I'm the same. I weigh about 75 lbs more than my hubby and he's 9 inches taller than me! So that's my suggestion for now! :bigsmile:

Haha that one is pretty good

GREAT IDEA!!! My huband is 8 inches taller than me and is very muscular and he is still 40 lbs. lighter than me. I just want to weigh less and have more endurance.....will it ever happen?!?!? :)
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    ok guys forgot a few things but can only remember one at the moment! I will change the name of the group after our next weigh in but i'll be sure to remind you!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    just remembered the other thing! If you girls want a mini goal type challenge we could do that...like "15 by halloween"
  • iowabelle
    Options
    I wasn't really planning to make any lifestyle changes in the past 2 weeks, but I was tipped over the edge by The Today Show appearance. So all I really did this week, different than what is "normal", was write down my food.

I give blood twice a week and they have to weigh me... so I know I've lost 3 pounds since my last time there, last Friday. I've been eating like a fiend too, well over the calories that I'm "supposed" to except for one day.

I'll try to make some positive changes in the next week. One thing I've been thinking about doing is trying to eat LOTS of salmon. I can get these little salmon fillets for about a $1 a piece, and I started collecting ways to cook the salmon so it's not the same way every time. I was thinking if I had a light salmon meal 3 or 4 times a week, with rice and spinach or broccoli, that would help. (I don't have to cook for anybody else so I could eat salmon every meal if I wanted... I like it pretty well but not that much!)

Last night I put pam (Olive oil) in a pan and cooked frozen spinach until it was dry, with garlic and some strips of ginger; then I pushed the spinach over and put the salmon fillet in with more garlic and ginger. I served the salmon on the bed of spinach... and thought it was pretty good.

Does anybody else have a "go to" food?
  • thinmint23
    Options
    just remembered the other thing! If you girls want a mini goal type challenge we could do that...like "15 by halloween"

I think 15 by halloween is reasonable...are we still weighing in this friday? And every friday??
  • corena
    corena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good evening friends, I had a great day today, Watched my calories and got in a good workout. Funny but I feel my biggest challenge was making cookies with the kids, but the greatest pleasure was being able to say No Thank you to the offering when they were done. I know this may sound silly, but I feel as if I have just passed a big test. I have never had the will power to pass up any sweets and today I did with a big smile for my little boy and a Thank You to my beautiful Daughter. Thank you for letting me "Boast" on my wierd milestone.
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Good evening friends, I had a great day today, Watched my calories and got in a good workout. Funny but I feel my biggest challenge was making cookies with the kids, but the greatest pleasure was being able to say No Thank you to the offering when they were done. I know this may sound silly, but I feel as if I have just passed a big test. I have never had the will power to pass up any sweets and today I did with a big smile for my little boy and a Thank You to my beautiful Daughter. Thank you for letting me "Boast" on my wierd milestone.
    Aww congrats! I'm proud of you!!
  • HeaterM
    Options

I think 15 by halloween is reasonable...are we still weighing in this friday? And every friday??
    yeah i figured every friday so that we could watch ourselves better :)
  • Stephycakes612
    Options

I would like to be 15-20 pounds by halloween! Thanks for the mini goal!!!
  • Stephycakes612
    Options
    This week has been rather hard for me to stay with it. I will do my weight in on Friday (got to remember that).

This is only week 2 for me but reading the post everyone has helped to keep me moving forward.

Thank you ladies for posting you never know who might be needed that extra boost and by reading your post you are providing it for others!!! Kudos to everyone who is reading or posting!!!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    15 by halloween is doable for me.

I am worried about my weigh-in tomorrow. I have been teetering at about 1 pound down. Today it was back up to last friday's level.

And I had the WORST date with my BF last night. We went to dinner at a nicer place since its restaurant week in DC. He complained about EVERYTHING. The food was ok but his getting angry about stupid stuff and not being happy with his company (me) was enough to drive me over the edge. I am just now having a bad day. GRRRRR!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey guys!

so i put a pair of jeans on last night that i hadn't worn since i started (around august 1st) and i could DEFINITELY tell the difference! they went on so easy! before i'd have to suck in my stomach a little to button them. definitely a great feeling! something is working!! lol

now on a negative note, i REALLY need to stop going over my calories this week. gah. it's just one of those weeks i guess. plus my friends are in from out of state and so that means a lot of eating out. trying to make the best decisions when out to dinner is SO HARD sometimes. i'm looking forward to getting back to a normal schedule next week but in the mean time, i'm trying to exercise extra hard so that i can at least maintain my weight this week.

hope everyone is doing good! have you noticed any differences in the way your clothes fit?

as far as the halloween mini-goal, i'm actually part of another thread for it so this will be easy to track! my goal is to be down 25-30lbs (i will be very happy with 25) by then which means i need to lose about 17 or 18 lbs to reach the goal. i think i can, i think i can, i think i can!! (after surviving this week first! lol)

:)
  • zolamercedes
    zolamercedes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    15lbs by Halloween... check. I'm gonna try super hard to get this done!! I am going to visit my father in Naples, FL in a few weeks, so I have to be extra careful not to go overboard with eating. Yea it's a special occassion, but not all SEVEN days. I'm planning on going to the beach everyday, if we can, so I'll make it a point to walk the beach for at least 45 minutes when we do go. Maybe I can wear something semi sexy for Halloween!!! haha

Congrats everyone on dealing with some not so great life stuff, making good choices when we can and making some progress! WE CAN DO THIS!
  • thinmint23
    Options
    sooo tomorrow is weigh-in everyone don't forget! I am a little nervous I keep fluctuating up and down a pound..and I really wanted to lose 2 pounds this week..i have been working my little tail off all week working out. Walking everynight for 45 minutes and working out on my eliptical..but food wise I have been ok..i haven't really eaten that much bad stuff I just keep eating later and later for dinner so its been hard..i don't know I guess we will see the results tomorrow..fingers crossed X...

as for my pants fiting my work pants seem a little looser and some of my capris fit a little looser but feel like I haven't really lost ne thing..i think my butt got smaller lol woo hoo!! I hope I can be 15 pounds lighter by halloween bc that's one week after my birthday! Well I hope everyones day goes well!! Fingers crossed for everyone on tomorrows weigh-in!! Just remember don't get discouraged if you don't see ne results we have to stick together in this!! :flowerforyou:
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    My good friend gave me a pair of size 14 american eagle jeans that she has out grown. I was shocked when I could wear them about 2 days ago. I need to lose about 1 more inch off my hips for them to look awesome but THEY FIT!
  • thinmint23
    Options
    omg all of a sudden I got a craving for a wendys cheeseburger!!! Ahhh what do I do???