Why is Your Favorite Exercise Your Favorite?

Options
Ok, my favorite exercise is Spinning. I feel I get more bang for my buck. I leave out of there wringing wet and the music is awesome. I have back problems so I can't stand long and I loathe the treadmill. I can last the whole 45 minutes in spin or otherwise I wouldn't get any exercise in. I tried Zumba didn't like it my back was hurting. I like yoga as well. What is your favorite exercise and why?

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I like to go bike riding. I just discovered this at a family reunion when some folks brought along their bikes. It's quite soothing. It's very hot here in good old Texas these days so biking is a struggle. I enjoy going to the lake on the weekends with friends. I take off about 3-4 times back and forth to the no swim area. Great arm and thigh workout!
  • jameeljarmon81
    Options
    My favorite exercise is playing the wii it help me lose weight.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    My favorite workout is the Insanity Program.

Crazy to think that an intense workout will be my fave but it's the first workout program I actually sticked with longer than a week! I'm also see immediate changes in my body. I'm a SAHM and don't have time to go to the gym. So doing this workout program, I get a really good workout and calorie burn in!

Also to me this workout video is real - watching the people in the video taking their own short breaks doesn't make me bad when I need a few secs.

I also like Shaun T as an Fitness Instructor. I find him very encouraging.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Ok, my favorite exercise is Spinning. I feel I get more bang for my buck. I leave out of there wringing wet and the music is awesome. I have back problems so I can't stand long and I loathe the treadmill. I can last the whole 45 minutes in spin or otherwise I wouldn't get any exercise in. I tried Zumba didn't like it my back was hurting. I like yoga as well. What is your favorite exercise and why?

I love/am addicted to Spin, too. I love that there is always more to do- higher resistance, longer to stand, etc- so I can keep pushing myself. Plus, it is changing my body like no other exercise does- hello 3 inches off each leg (upper thigh).
  • DanniJNoles
    Options
    I like the Elliptical. I was medically discharged from the army the Elliptical is one of the few things I can do for over 30 minutes. I have compressed disks, buldging disks, pinched nerve, arthritis in my knees and stress fractures from the knees down. So biking to long hurts my knees. Unlike a lot of ppl I don't put a towel over my information on the elliptical. I see it as a challange to see if I could beat the calories or time from the last time.
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    My favorite exercise would be my martial arts classes. They burn alot of calories, but there is a change up each class that keeps things fresh. I enjoy it so much that this "life-long fluffy girl" even does old-school push-up, squats, knee lifts and so on just to improve my preformance. My instuctors and fellow students are awesome and they are a great encouragement to me.
    I also enjoy my yoga dvd. "Just My Size Yoga"--it's a great basic yoga dvd that is geared for "fluffier" girls. It shows how to modify the moves to accomidate you.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Anything that has to do with kicking and boxing!! (Maybe I have anger management issues that I didn't know about??) :huh:
  • rolandhulme
    rolandhulme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have compressed disks, buldging disks, pinched nerve, arthritis in my knees and stress fractures from the knees down.

Good Lord! What did the army do to you? ;-o
  • akninsas
    akninsas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba class and my new favorite is stadium bleachers at the High School by my house, they are killer, but I love the feeling of the accomplishment after my workout.
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    My favorite is walking and for me it's a huge accomplishment! I have MS and two years ago was using a cane to get around. Now, I'm up to 2.5miles. During the week, I walk during work breaks and for half of my lunch break. Put on the headphones and just go!!!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Up until I broke my foot 3 years ago it was running. I loved the feeling when I ran 3 miles the very first time without walking, or dying! Can't do a lot of running now because of the tendons I damaged when I broke my foot. Right now I love Turbo Jam. It makes me feel strong and mean.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    ZUMBA! It doesn't even feel like exercise! I love it :D
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Soccer. I love the game and have been playing on a team since I was 29. I'm now 56. I cannot imagine a Sunday without soccer.
  • JustBeckyV
    JustBeckyV Posts: 182
    Options
    Running!! Because I can do it lol Also I don't need anyone to do it with me - it's all about me!