Replies

• LolliLouUk
    LolliLouUk Posts: 172
    Options
    The film Land Before Time when the mummy dinosaur dies :(
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I cried a river with Marley and Me.. I cried the last 30 min of the movie and continued crying 30 min after the movie. Made me remember when my two dogs passed away 2 weeks apart from each other. Complete tragedy :(

Also Legends of the fall ...When Tristan´s bro dies and when he gets back home and finds out his dad is sick and can barely walk /talk.. So sad.

I also remember crying watching Dumbo, when Dumbo´s mom is in a cage and little Dumbo visits her :cry:

Hachi.. omg I couldnt even breath , congested nose for all the crying.
  • Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Field of Dreams, when he asks his dad if he wanst to play catch

The Champ, when Ricky Schroeder keeps asking the Champ to wake up

Swordfish, when I get to see Halles "Berrys"
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Courageous...when the daughter dies.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Hachiko was a real dog, there's a statue just outside Shibuya station in his memory!

hachiko.jpg

Movies that make me cry?

Leon: The Professional
    Gone With The Wind
    Beauty and the Beast
    Windstruck
    Once

And probably a lot more, I'm a total cry-baby.
  • Cameronie
    Cameronie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to see how many females list The Notebook. haha.

I'll list, The Bridge To Terabithia, because that one should have more mentions on here.

why hasn't anybody listed The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants?

also, October Baby, and Listen To Your Heart.
  • IronAddict86
    IronAddict86 Posts: 708
    Options
    The end of Schindler's List when he breaks down realizing what he could have sold to save just one more life. The only flick to ever make me cry.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Click, with Adam Sandler. Between the time when he goes to his son's wedding and the time that he passes away. Only movie that's ever really made me cry.
  • AdriSaysRelax
    Options
    The end of Schindler's List when he breaks down realizing what he could have sold to save just one more life. The only flick to ever make me cry.

Oh yea, I cried MESSY at that one.

The Shawshank Redemption always gets me teary.
    Becoming Jane, the scene where Hathaway and McAvoy meet in the woods and hate each other.
    Freedom Writers. Ah, Hilary Swank, you ol' inspirational devil, you.
    LOTR when Gandalf "dies", Froto's reaction shot (even though I knew Gandalf was coming back, still, argh!)
    Steel Magnolias. WTF with that movie, WTF. The only reason it was FILMED was to make people cry. Seriously, WTF.
  • IronAddict86
    IronAddict86 Posts: 708
    Options
    Oh there is 1 more that got me close. Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade where his dad thinks his gone over the cliff. Think cos the flick just had so much comedy banter between the two & then Sean Connery's like "I lost him & I told him nothing". Then when Indy joins him on the cliff looking down & you think there's going to be more comedy but instead his dad hugs him going "I thought I lost you son" some definite welling up was nearly on the go. I was just totally unpreparred for that moment I think cos of the tone of the movie.
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options

^This
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Boys Don't Cry and Mississippi Burning.
  • ziggiezambi
    ziggiezambi Posts: 253
    Options
    The Bridge to Terabithia
    Its the only movie that ever got to me. :cry:
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options

why hasn't anybody listed The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants?

335px-Futurama_(Fry)_-_Not_Sure_If..._Original.jpg
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Requiem For a Dream-doesn't necessarily make me cry as such, but OMG, If you can walk away from that movie feeling emotionally unscathed well I think you are a robot sent from the future to kill Sarah Conner.
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Requiem For a Dream-doesn't necessarily make me cry as such, but OMG, If you can walk away from that movie feeling emotionally unscathed well I think you are a robot sent from the future to kill Sarah Conner.

Requiem is the single most goddamn depressing movie I've ever seen. Especially the old lady's story. I am never watching it again. (not cry-sad, but emotionally draining as hell)
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bing Crosby's White Christmas when the Old General walks into the Hall and finds all of his platoon there.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The Hobbit made me cry as I couldn't believe such a great director could make such a bad film from such great source material for so much money
  • BrattiAtti
    Options
    There is but a rare movie that hasn't made me cry.

My go-to list when I need to emote includes Uptown Girls and Armageddon among the many. Those two will get sobs out of me every single time.

I remember my first time feeling embarrassed about crying during a movie, around age 11* or so. My dad rented Homeward Bound for some family bonding time. I was on the floor, wracked with sobs, when Shadow appeared over the hill. My father... well, he was stoic.

I now warn everyone that I cry at every movie. No matter what it is, I will *find* something to cry about.

[*Edit: Really? 11 when it came out? I feel old now. Thanks, Wikipedia. :grumble: ]
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    As above ^^^. It'd probably be quicker for me to list all the films I didn't cry at. There's nothing better than a good old cry at a film. The last film I saw at the cinema was Star Trek: Into Darkness. I cried at that, obviously.

Grave of the Fireflies is a real tearjerker though, if I had to choose one. I don't think I can bear to watch that again.