new girl looking for help.

Options
Hi guys, just joined this group and I am little confused by the food tracker, my nutritional goals are.
Net calories/day 1,200.
Carbs, 165g
Fat, 40g
Protein 45g
When it comes to tracikng my intake, do I have 1,200 calories plus everything else, or is the 1,200 the overall total.

Sorry if this sounds like a really silly question, but I am new to all this, and never joined a group like this before.
Thankyou in advance for your help,
Tree. X

Replies

• terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, that's 1200 calories a day. MFP will break the groups down for you. :happy:
  • lynneryan
    lynneryan Posts: 1
    Options
    Net Calories is the amount of calories after deductions are made for exercising. If you do not exercise than you can have no more than 1200 per day. When you log your exercise the amount of calories burned will be deducted from the amount you have eaten so far that day. At the end of the day your total net calories should not be more than 1200. Hope that helps
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you mean by 'plus everything else'. If 1200 cals is your goal you can consume that plus additional calories earned through excercise.

Good luck
    Phil
  • Chemburly12
    Options
    I started just worrying about my calorie intake. Since I didn't really know how to eat to begin with all that other information was just too overwhelming. Now that I've got a better understanding of what I can and can't eat, I've started working on my other nutritional requirements. Keeping my fat and sodium down and getting my vitamins in. Just start small. The rest will follow as you get more comfortable.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    MFP does the hard work for you.
    Just log the food you eat, the exercise you do and it will keep you in check.

If you're doing 1200 calories/day (which is the minimum MFP prescribes) make sure you eat back your exercise calories.

If you're new, have a read of this. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • treesjg
    treesjg Posts: 7
    Options
    I understand now thankyou, I think it was just to much information all at once.
    Good luck to you all.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Unless you're working toward a particular goal, I wouldn't even worry about carbs/fat/protein. Just eat a healthy balanced diet at your calorie goal and you'll be fine.