weight loss pills

Options
so iwas just wondering that sincei m reducing my calories if it would help to try a dieting pill also?im curious ive never tried them before ..not sure what i think about them..what are your thoughts?

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Put real, healthy food into your body rather than those pills. You never know about the side effects and it's better to lose weight by learning to eat well than doing something that will be temporary. Just realize it takes time and relax.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I've never tried them, but in my opinion, you don't need them. You can lose weight and get healthy just by eating at a moderate calorie deficit and getting some exercise. It's better to educate yourself about food and fitness and build lasting habits that lead to a sustainable lifestyle. Besides, there's no telling what affects any diet pill might have on your body, and it's a short term solution. Stick with the good old fashioned way. :smile:
  • dluberts
    dluberts Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thanks!i am eating alot healthier options for meals and watching portions as well as exercising.ive cut out almost all junk food totally.not to say that i dont crave it...lol.i was just curious..my goal is 1 to 2 lbs per week.so far im reaching that goal.but ive only been doing this for one week
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If there were diet pills that actually worked in the long term, we'd all take them. Keep eating right and exercising and the weight will come off. :-)
  • JHB2011
    JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    dont do it.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    They don't work. Don't waste your money. :flowerforyou:
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bottomless money sink, and everytime you see studies or whatever, it's funded by companies selling them (like green coffee bean extract lately or raspberry ketones before)
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are a GREAT way to F up your metabolism. :sick: Don't do it. Just. don't. :ohwell: You CAN get there just by eating right and exercising. :happy:
  • Chemburly12
    Options
    My motto is: I didn't need a pill to get fat, I don't need one to get thin.

I think they're just a money pit personally.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Please continue eating your food as per your plan.

The only thing you will lose with so called "diet pills" is your money.

There are many people who swear it has helped them. I do not know personally anybody who does. Many of these pills would work for a while and then found out that the "diet pill" originated severe health issues .

Check "phen-fen" at the web. I read people died after taking them for several months due to internal heart injuries.

Good luck in your journey
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise are the only way to actually lose weight. There is no magic pill out there that will make you shed pounds.

That being said, I do take USP Labs OxyElite Pro on a daily basis while doing strict dieting. I don't drink any caffeine containing products other than a pre-workout supplement in the afternoon and OxyElite does give me a little boost in the morning. I find that this boost helps me stick to my diet and feel happier during the morning hours. Without it, I tend to drag and am less motivated to eat healthy. I never up my dose past one pill first thing in the morning, even though the label tells you to since I just use it for the energy boost, not the supposed thermogenic effects.

The version I take contains 1-3 DMAA, which really gets me going. The "new" formula (FDA compliant) doesn't have this and I don't have any experience with it, but other so-called fat burners never did anything for me, so I doubt I'd get any benefit from it. USP labs is still producing both versions (to my knowledge) and is fighting the FDA ban on 1-3 DMAA.
  • dolphinie13
    dolphinie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello, I think that there is a huge potential for negative consequences from the diet pill industry. This is based on the fact that diet pills fall under the health supplement rules/regulations, and as such are UNregulated by the FDA. This means that the companies can virtually put anything into their products. Many of them are putting unsafe things into their pills, and this is resulting in personal harm to people. Please check out this website for more information: http://www.healthyweight.net/fraud.htm.

Basically, just say no.
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise are the only way to actually lose weight. There is no magic pill out there that will make you shed pounds.

That being said, I do take USP Labs OxyElite Pro on a daily basis while doing strict dieting. I don't drink any caffeine containing products other than a pre-workout supplement in the afternoon and OxyElite does give me a little boost in the morning. I find that this boost helps me stick to my diet and feel happier during the morning hours. Without it, I tend to drag and am less motivated to eat healthy. I never up my dose past one pill first thing in the morning, even though the label tells you to since I just use it for the energy boost, not the supposed thermogenic effects.

The version I take contains 1-3 DMAA, which really gets me going. The "new" formula (FDA compliant) doesn't have this and I don't have any experience with it, but other so-called fat burners never did anything for me, so I doubt I'd get any benefit from it. USP labs is still producing both versions (to my knowledge) and is fighting the FDA ban on 1-3 DMAA.

^^ this is what I take...funny that the only other response of someone who does use something is the same product I use. I have tried so many things over the years and this is the only thing that has even come close to helping with energy/appetite control without making me shaky. I only take one about once a week on really tough days and like you, one in the morning. For me it does help. Of course everyone is different. Because I use it so infrequently, the 30 dollar investment will last me many months.
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

^^ this is what I take...funny that the only other response of someone who does use something is the same product I use. I have tried so many things over the years and this is the only thing that has even come close to helping with energy/appetite control without making me shaky. I only take one about once a week on really tough days and like you, one in the morning. For me it does help. Of course everyone is different. Because I use it so infrequently, the 30 dollar investment will last me many months.

That is an interesting coincidence, perhaps its because it actually does something and isn't "black magic". I love the energy boost and mood enhancement I get from it. Like I said, other pills never did anything for me. Since I only use it once a day at most, it lasts me three months. Definitely worth the price.
  • noellengould
    Options
    I have tried them and have to admit that, when combined with healthy/low calorie eating and regular exercise, the effects are noticeable and extreme. That said, I agree with everthing everyone said. They're not sustainable, you can't take them for the rest of your life and one has no idea what damager they're doing to their liver, thyroid, etc. It really is better to do this the old fashioned way: good ol' healthy eating and exercise.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

2013 NYT article about OxyElite and Jack3d. Please read it if you have time.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/10/business/congress-to-look-into-drug-known-as-dmaa.html
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    they may work but they are temporary and harmful in the long run. If you want real success, just watch your calories, and exercise, losing slower and steady, is better than a fake sense of success.
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

That is an interesting coincidence, perhaps its because it actually does something and isn't "black magic". I love the energy boost and mood enhancement I get from it. Like I said, other pills never did anything for me. Since I only use it once a day at most, it lasts me three months. Definitely worth the price.

I have had some bad experiences with other products and did tons of research before trying OEP for the first time. I am very aware of the dangers of some manufacturers but USP has a very good reputation and I have been using OEP for several years off and on and it seems you and I are both at least anecdotal evidence that it does work. After several years, I haven't had any bad effects so I feel pretty confident in the safety of at least this use of it :) Glad I am not the only one :)
  • dluberts
    dluberts Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone so much for the advice.i truly appreciate it.truthfully speaking i dont want to take anything but i was curious.and you all have been extremely helpful
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    RUN, RUN, RUN from pills. If you are successful on the pills, studies show that you will put the weight back on. Take it slow, be consistent, don't get down on yourself, and stay active! Good luck! :smile: