How much water do you drink?

Options
Emsie_lou
Emsie_lou Posts: 50 Member
On the food diary you put how many cups of water you drink but how big is a usual cup? I have been told to drink more as I only have 5 cups but those cups are pint sizes so I have at least 5 pints of water a day!

Replies

• Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well there's 2 cups(8oz per cup) in a pint. So if you drink 5 pints then in all you've had 10 cups of water per day. That's above the recommended 8
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It refers to a standard 8 oz cup. So if your glass holds 16 oz, then record that as 2 cups.
  • steffenym
    steffenym Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink anywhere from 7 to 10 cups a day. Gotta stay hydrated!
  • Emsie_lou
    Emsie_lou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great thanks, That's what I was hoping!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I drink 16 cups of water a day, the tumbler I use holds 2 cups (500ML) so I drink 8 of those a day. Works out to be a gallon of water a day.
  • AuntNiecey
    AuntNiecey Posts: 26
    Options
    I have so much more energy if I drink 12 cups per day so I try and do that. I'm supposed to also add water for the coffee and any caffeine I drink because that dehydrates you.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Before I was pregnant I followed the rule of 8 cups a day plus 1 oz for every min of exercise. (Give or take a few ounces) I feel like crap if I'm under hydrated. (Now that I'm preggo, I drink 100 oz a day.. but that's diff story)