Silly NSV but totally made my day!

Options
So I got out of the shower last week and wrapped the towel around myself to leave the bathroom. I realized that the towel covered all my parts.... there wasn't anything peeking out, the edges overlapped. I thought... hmmm.. this towel must be a bigger towel or worn out and stretched some and I moved on with my day.

Well... I'm happy to say... a week and 6 totally different towels later I realized it's not the towels!!! It's me being smaller!! Small enough that none of my bits are sticking out anymore!!! And these aren't bath "sheets"... they're normal size bath towels. I literally remember days when I was at my heaviest (265) where I would sometimes grab a beach towel after my shower so it would fully cover me.

It just reaffirmed it's the little victories that make all the differece. Something as simple as being able to completely cover up with a regular sized bath towel that completely made my day!

Replies

• mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and congrats! such a good feeling to have. I definitely love the NSVs! Especially when the scale isn't always so nice. Keep it up!!! You are obviously doing it right!
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's the little things that mean the most! Great job, keep up the good work!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! #winning
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    excellent NSV - was laughing at you having to check with 6 different towels before you accepted it - nice victory :)
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!!! What an awesome NSV, way to go! :laugh:
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love it! That's awesome, good job!!!
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic and I can't wait until I'm there too!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Congrats--sounds like you are losing inches! That's more important than pounds anyway. Are you measuring yourself with a tape measure?
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Not silly at all! Thats a great NSV :smile:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I remember being there. I ended up crying on the floor in the bathroom, lol. Congratulations!!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Definitely not silly!!

I had the same situation and thought 'really? even the TOWELS fit me better now?!'

ENJOY IT AND WELL DONE!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Love it! The ones that seem silly are the best!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    It's not silly. Every NSV is an accomplishment!
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I just had the happen a few weeks ago and it made me feel like a million bucks! Enjoy the happiness!!!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    congrats!! that is a fabulous feeling i bet!
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    congrats but pics or it didn't happen!:devil:
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    The little ones mean the most. Have a good day and congrats on your silly little NSV....
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV!!! Congrats!!! I can't wait until I can retire the bath sheets for a regular towel!
  • colograndma
    Options
    Those are the best NSV's to have! Congrats!
  • Adamscycling
    Options
    What a great feeling! Congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!