High Protein Snack Suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    pure protein shakes and the bars are excellent. the shakes pack in about 170 calories 3 sugars and about 35 protein, the bars are 180-200 calories and 20 g protein 3 sugar. not alot of carbs either
  • lisay6751
    Options
    Sliced apples dipped in peanut butter is a nice, filling snack with lots of protein. And eggs, gotta have the hard boiled eggs :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I managed to add lots of protein to my salad at lunch today. We have a good salad bar, so I added sliced chicken breast, egg whites, roasted sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, and a scoop of cottage cheese (I tried it and it was yummy!). 31g of protein total, I usually only hit 20 for lunch. Still under 400 calories too. With my dinner and protein shake after the gym, I think I might actually hit my protein goal for once :D
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt!
  • frabjak
    frabjak Posts: 16
    Options
    Some tricks I do:

Cottage cheese mixed with unsweetened cocoa powder (depending on if you want it sweet, stevia or splenda)
    Greek yogurt mixed with unsweetned cocoa powder and a TBSP of natural peanut butter (stick in the freezer for about 20 minutes)
    Oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder
    Egg whites are always easy (just hardboil the egg first and it's grab and go)
  • aflewis1
    aflewis1 Posts: 12
    Options
    My fave... EAS Myoplex Lite Chocolate chocolate chip crisp. a box of 4 at Walmart for less than $7. 15g protein per bar. 190 calories. That's my breakfast in the morning. They're the best protein bar I've tried!! EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control in cookies and cream isn't too bad either.. 17g protein 230 calories.
    I've also noticed Turkey and tuna is GREAT for a source of protein!! give it a shot!! good luck!
  • nicoledc
    nicoledc Posts: 37
    Options
    Since oyu liked the cottage cheese try it with chopped fruit for a fast and easy lunch - it is really good....my favorite is pineapple (NOT in heavy syrup) or a fresh peach, blueberies, etc