100% WHEY GOLD STANDARD ISOLATE

Options
Hello there,

I've been losing weight through diet and working out, which is great. I've been making alot of progress. I would like to start using a supplementary drink at this point but would rather avoid the types that may have a bit more fat. I went to GNC and the employee advised that there were some formulas that are better for women trying to lose weight vs someone trying to build muscle and gain weight, not just about gimmicks.

Anyways, I decided not to go with any GNC types, I found this online " 100% WHEY GOLD STANDARD" butttt it warns: Do not use for weight reduction.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but would this mean it is what the employee advised against? Even if there is only 1g of fat? ;S

OR if you ladies have one that you find worked better (recovery, energy and not too expensive), please advise!!

Replies

• Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    From their website; "Warning: NOTICE: Do not use as a sole source of nutrition for weight loss or maintenance."
    In other words don't think that ONLY eating this every day will be healthy.
    But feel free to use it as part of your daily diet.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's just protein powder. Not "weight loss" powder. It's to help if you have trouble reaching your protein goals. That's all.
  • Hodgie12345
    Hodgie12345 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use this one and love it; I have the double chocolate and it tastes good enough to get it down. I mix with water - dont try fruit uice because it is disgusting IMHO and in any case the powder 'clumps' together and wont miix. I bought a shaker with a ball as well and it whips it up almost like a real shake. I suppose you could mix with milk but I dont like it :-) Its 103 cals per 27g serving and I use it after lifting. It hasnt affected me too much - in 78 days I have lost 46 pounds. Thats all my opinion and hope it helps. Hodgie x
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I use the optimum nutrition gold standard double rich chocolate and still lose weight.

It's not a weight loss supplement. That's basically all they are saying.

I use it only to boost my protein intake.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    It is just a supplement, I cannot possibly eat enough meat to hit my personal protein goals. I buy whichever is cheapest and palatable. Right now that is Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein, which you can get at Walmart or Amazon. The strawberry is delightful.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've probably gone through about a half-dozen large tubs of gold standard, so I have some experience with it. There are much better options out there in my opinion. I've been using dymatize and I like them a lot better (taste wise).
  • quruuxley
    quruuxley Posts: 20
    Options
    Thank you all for the input.

I am not using it for weight loss, or to replace my regular meals. I want to eat as much as I am eating, but I know I could use the boost of protein and energy (fruits don't do it for me?). I just don't want to gain weight or have something interfere with my goals just because I chose the wrong formula XD.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the input.

I am not using it for weight loss, or to replace my regular meals. I want to eat as much as I am eating, but I know I could use the boost of protein and energy (fruits don't do it for me?). I just don't want to gain weight or have something interfere with my goals just because I chose the wrong formula XD.
    Since that's what it's for, I'd say you'll be just fine. :)
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is a great whey protein and well respected and trusted throughout the supplement scene. I would avoid cheap protein such as body fortress or six star protein. Most cheap proteins put more amino acids and taurine to spike the protein levels during testing, but in realty you are getting less protein. Make sure to get a gram of protein per lean body mass and you should be fine. Have fun dieting.