running friends...

JENNIENS
JENNIENS Posts: 81 Member
Hello i've been on here for 105 days today but looking for some more running friends to help keep me motivated and on track! Training for my first races coming up in a few months!! Thanks! Please add me

Replies

• mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    What races/distances do you have coming up? I'm running as part of my triathlons, but also planning on some 5-10k races as well.
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Hello,Feel free to add me! I am a training for my 4th half Marathon in less than a year! Lets do this together!! :happy:
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    You can add me too - I love running, but it doesn't come naturally to me. I am currently training for a 5k with hopes of doing a 10k by the end of August.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Good luck! what runs? I'm training for a mud run, then some 5ks to finish out the year.
  • JENNIENS
    What races/distances do you have coming up? I'm running as part of my triathlons, but also planning on some 5-10k races as well.

I signed up for my first 5k at Disney in Feb 2014 but thinking about doing the 10K as well the very next day. there is a local neon run 5k in sept. that will be my very first race.
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member

I signed up for my first 5k at Disney in Feb 2014 but thinking about doing the 10K as well the very next day. there is a local neon run 5k in sept. that will be my very first race.
    There's lots of good Couch to 5K apps and programs out there to help you on your journey. I used one as a warmup before I began my full fledged triathlon training and it got me where I needed to be. Now my typical run workout includes a minimum of 5K.
  • JENNIENS

There's lots of good Couch to 5K apps and programs out there to help you on your journey. I used one as a warmup before I began my full fledged triathlon training and it got me where I needed to be. Now my typical run workout includes a minimum of 5K.

That's awesome! i did start my c25k program starting week 2 this week! :) and when i don't do the program i try to run at least a mile. It's hard cause i have 5 kids and don't always get the time to get out of the house especially for 30 mins! So on those days i try for a mile!
  • thenoxus1
    thenoxus1 Posts: 56 Member
    Feel free to add me. Training for a 12 miler in august and a half marathon in October.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Feel Free to Add me, I am training for my 5th full marathon.
  • jennycasper
    jennycasper Posts: 12 Member
    I did the couch to 5k program last spring and loved it. I ran in a 4 mile race in December. My race budget is small but I still run locally and on my treadmill. I haven't been running as much lately since my next race is the Spartan Sprint and I've needed to focus on strength training.

I can barely manage time to run with 2 kids (5 1/2 and 2 1/2), I don't know how you breath much less run with 5 kids. I think you are my hero.

Feel free to add me.
  • JENNIENS
    Thanks! Sent request! :)
  • I just started training for the Disney half marathon in 2015. I have a long way to go so I'm starting really early to get myself conditioned and in shape.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    I just started training for the Disney half marathon in 2015. I have a long way to go so I'm starting really early to get myself conditioned and in shape.

I'm training for the Disney half too. Looks like such a fun run. You can do it! My goal is a Disney Half and the LA marathon... Eventually.

I'm on week 4 of C25K right now and loving it. Anyone feel free to add me. I would love some fellow people attempting to be runners to share support.
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    I am running my first half marathon in October. Feel free to add me.
  • chsnelk03
    chsnelk03 Posts: 11 Member
    Feel free to add me. I've done 2 half marathons, 3 Warrior Dashes and a Tough Mudder. My son also runs cross country in HS, so he keeps me motivated!
  • amandabrooke17
    amandabrooke17 Posts: 24 Member
    Feel free to add me- I'm not into a training schedule yet & only run 2-3 times a week but am up to 8 mi on my longer runs. I just have a couple of 5ks and one 10k planned for Fall but have my first half-marathon planned for early 2014.
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    we runners are awesome..like SUPER awesome..

That's pretty much like regular awesome--only we wear CAPES!

Add me if you dare! :smokin:
  • fazilas
    fazilas Posts: 4
    hello all :)
    Im new to running. Trying to get fit and drop about 20lbs :)
    always need motivating, im not that good a runnner, just about making 4k in 30 mins...LOL. I need to keep going! Feel free to add me
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    love running...my favorite workout!
  • Robincantrell21
    Robincantrell21 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello, I want to lose about 15 pounds in 3-4 weeks. I entered my food diary for today and I consumen 977 calories and and I burned 2,170 calories through exercising. I just want to know if every 4 days out of the week are like today for the next 5 weeks, what would be my weight target? (I current fluctuate between 138-143 lbs.)Thank you.