3 Day Binge

Options
Hi, I'm new here and I just wanted to know 2 things. One: what can I do after a binge?! I had a 3 day binge this weekend And two: How did you all stop/limit/curb your junk food eating? its been my downfall consistently.

Oh and my stats are 5'8 female, 165 pounds size 8 in jeans. I want to be 140 pounds and a loose 6 or snug 4

Replies

• JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I hardly eat out at restaurants, but my boyfriend and I went to Red Lobster this weekend and I just pigged out. I had 2 of the buns they bring you at the start of the meal. I had calamari with battered brocolli and marinara. I had a caesar salad. I had bread crusted fettucini alfredo with chicken and a warm cookie lava cake for dessert. I didn't feel guilty at all because it was amazing. I ate so much I couldn't move. But, now I'm back on my normal routine and I'll just implement some extra exercise. Not worried at all.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    1. Get on track, eat what you're supposed to.. make sure you drink lots of water and fresh fruit and veggies. Don't stress

2. I plan in some treats. Make it fit into my day. I changed over to Special K Chocolate Crisps to take away that craving in the beginning when I was more likely to binge. Keep yourself full, plan out your day, but don't stress if you have something over your limit (but not crazy amounts).

and Welcome!
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    1) Drink plenty of water which helps flush out your system, and start the morning with a really healthy breakfast. It'll help you make better decisions throughout the day and get back on track. Most important: don't beat yourself up. Just move forward.

2) I logged into MFP every day and tracked every single thing I ate. Eventually it became habit, and with habit came healthier eating choices. There's no magic here. You just gotta do it.

Good luck!
  • lemonsquare6
    Options
    What helped me is to read up on some articles to motivate myself based on what others did after a binge. I also looked at myself and knew I was unhappy. When I finished a meal and knew I wasn't hungry anymore but naturally wanted to grab something I saw on the kitchen counter, I said no, no nibbling. It can be part of my meal next time but no nibbling unless it's proper snack time.

Also after a couple of days without the binge, I didn't give myself pressure to eat a meal if I naturally wasn't hungry. If I had the energy, if I still felt like I was fine, I'd make a cup of tea or drink water first and take it from there. So no dinner pressures.

Either or, it's hard the first day or two. But you need the support. And it helps to start some kind of exercise so the first week feels like you are reversing the 3 day binge and starting anew.

Tracking your progress is good too just so you can see if you are eating the right amount without scaring yourself like you are not having enough and then binging. It feels strange to not be bloated in the tummy at times.

I hope this information somehow helps.
  • sehubac
    sehubac Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks to all of you guys for posting! All of your answers have been really helpful and very appreciated :)