Anybody doing the Herbalife diet

Options

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I found out some interesting facts about why shakes work. When you drink shakes as meal replacements and you start losing the weight it is because of the vitamins and minerals in the diet and it levels out your estrogen and everything else. I did Slimfast years ago when it was Soy and lost to 164 pounds. I gained it back over 2 pregnancies and 3 kids. I then put losts of research into why these kind of diets work and came back with because they are packed with nutrients and when you take those nutrients out your estrogen and everything else rises again and you gain the weight back. Make sure that you are taking a good vitamin that breaks down in your system and you start replacing the shake with proper protein and fruit and vege levels and not a lot of carbs and you will not gain the weight back.
    Oh lawdy be...how scienterrific.
  • Melng22
    Melng22 Posts: 2
    Options
    So by being a distributor do you also know the great effects of taking the tea and aloe daily? Do you take either?
  • Melng22
    Melng22 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love Herbalife. I have been on it for 4 months and have lost 30 lbs. and 40 inches so far. I love the shakes, and I eat one regular healthy meal a day plus 2 snacks. I eat a total of 5 to 6 times a day, regulating caloric intake. I am also a distributor. I drink tons of water, and exercise almost daily. I totally recommend this. It is not a liquid diet, it is a lifestyle change with essential vitamins and minerals people do not get from daily foods. Very nutritious :D

So by being a distributor do you also know the great effects of taking the tea and aloe daily? Do you take either?
  • lorraynep
    lorraynep Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, i started the Herbal life shake diet on 5 days ago. i have been drinking 2 shakes a day and healthy dinner in the evening. also been snacking on fruits and health snacks. i went to the gym 3 times in these 5 days. i have havent lost anything. am i doing something wrong?

how long till i start noticing results?
    thanks
  • NostalgicGraeme
    NostalgicGraeme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm using herbalife at the moment. The weight dropped off me pretty quickly but now I need to be very careful about what I eat again making sure the balance of exersise and no snacking ensures i'm under my daily carlorie allowance. All I can suggest Iorraynep is eat less and exercise more - make it a scientific experiment until you find the right balance to lose weight as everyone's body is different?

I don't take the green tea but do take Holland and Barratt green tea supplements to increase my metabolism - it really works!
  • becky11
    becky11 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Everyone, i started the Herbal life shake diet on 5 days ago. i have been drinking 2 shakes a day and healthy dinner in the evening. also been snacking on fruits and health snacks. i went to the gym 3 times in these 5 days. i have havent lost anything. am i doing something wrong?

how long till i start noticing results?
    thanks

Hi,

I find that when on this kind of diet I have to restrict exercise, as I tend to build muscle at a fast rate and therefore maintain or increase weight. I suppose it depends on your body type though, but I lose a lot more weight on shakes without exercising than exercising (based on when I did celebrity slim). However if it is just cardio and not weights, you should be ok.

I only started Herbalife yesterday and I also exercised, but I will keep you posted to whether I notice results. Good luck!
  • lorraynep
    Options
    Thanks ill keep u posted! I am doing some weight too but not a lot! I will weigh myself again tomorrow and hopefully I can notice some weight loss! My bmi is 26.3 (last time I checked) which class me as overweight! :( I'm the biggest I haven't been! And I hate it !
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I did herbalife and threw up my first two shakes - they told me I made them wrong - they said I had to use ice in a blender... but I don't own a blender so I was just putting water in and shaking it up they told me it was all wrong... sorry, don't see how that's wrong.

I threw it all out and now I eat normal food and exercise. 13 pounds lost this time, I had lost another 35 before that just eating and exercising better.
  • cindyminer125
    cindyminer125 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I originally did the Herbalife program in 1998 and lost 30 lbs in 7 weeks a total of 70 lbs and went from a tight 16 to a size 3 and never gained it back. I would definitely suggest eating a healthy snack like an apple with 1 TBSP peanut butter. I don't sell Herbalife anymore but I don't know where I would be in life if I hadn't found it. The products changed my life forever.
  • 91lowharley
    91lowharley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I used it as a start up back in April 2012 and I only used it for 2 mos. I did however continue with their tea, vitamins and other herbal pills. I then started on my own with my own healthy choices in what I ate. I eat 3 good meals and snack in between. I started walking, hiking and started going to the gym. I did that for 8 mos. For the last several months, I continue eating healthier but I don't deprive myself if I feel like eating more :happy: I do Zumba and Jillian Micheal's videos and I feel great! I have lost 70 lbs. but for some reason I have not lost any weight (scale) :grumble: I weigh 150 and would like to lose 15 more and then see if I should lose more. I was wearing XXX tops for the most part, a size 22 or 24 and on several meds. I now no longer take any meds. wear a medium and either a size 8 or 10 in pants. Good luck to everyone.
  • nicdoc36
    nicdoc36 Posts: 3
    Options
    I started herbalife this week I'm on 10 day kick start and currently on day 3... Loving it but just stuck for ideas of what to make for healthy evening meal...any suggestions.. Also in the evenings if you get hungry what's the best thing to eat or don't you?? Thanks in advance anyone with experience on herbalife please add if you can support me as I'm new in this too!
  • nicdoc36
    Options
    Hi how have you got on now with this? Have you noticed your weightloss?
  • nicdoc36
    Options
    I started yesterday and I am DETERMINED..I joined because my aunt lost 18lbs in 2 weeks so let's see what happens
    How've you got on with it? Noticed weightloss?
  • lorraynep
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! Just to update you guys! I have just weight myself this morning and I have lost 2.43 pounds!!! I am very please! Still 8 pounds to lose but feel like I'm going in the right direction :)
  • becky11
    becky11 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, just an update on how it's going. I'm on day 6 and lost approx. 5 pounds. Weigh loss was slow at the start of the week and I was having one shake with milk and the other with soy milk. I decided to try and speed it up a bit, and in the last 3 days had both shakes with water. Noticed such a difference doing this and didn't feel any more hunger either. I want to lose at least another stone to get me just under 10 stone. Il keep you posted.
  • ojlimcaco
    ojlimcaco Posts: 1
    Options
    I started using it 5 days ago. I've been following my coach's instruction of 2 shakes - 1 meal - 2 snacks diet (though to be honest, I've missed a few of those snacks because of work), I take 3 supplement tablets 3X a day, 1 shot of apple cider vinegar upon waking up and drink 1L of the tea + loads of water, for those 5 days. I don't exercise, at all. And I'm happy to report that I've lost 8.7 pounds since starting. So yes, I definitely recommend this product - but of course, it's also important to be responsible regarding your food intake (I've been very careful not to go beyond the 1,200 calorie limit), and to choose the healthy options (fruits, vegetables, fish/chicken).
  • Fionabaker1
    Options
    I started nearly a week ago and I'm worried I've actually put weight on. I think I'm following it to the letter although using unsweetened fruit juice for shakes instead of milk. I was told this was ok. I didn't eat much before although I liked my wine. I've stopped the alcohol, not had any potatoes, bread etc. I thought I would feel great by this point. It's day 6. Anyone any suggestions or advice?
  • NostalgicGraeme
    NostalgicGraeme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Fiona,

Isn't fruit juice is pure sugar? Try water if you can't take milk. I lost a serious amount very quickly. Are your main meal portions healthy and sensible? Are you exercising and eating regularly to keep your metabolism high?
  • shezroyalty
    shezroyalty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know this post is old, but did you take the pills?
  • shezroyalty
    shezroyalty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love the herbalife shakes! I have been using the products for four months and have lost 42 lbs and gone from a size 22 to a 14! I do two shakes a day, one healthy meal and one or two healthy snacks each day!the healthy snacks are fine......as long as they are healthy.

Did you take the pills?