Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Puy Lentils- How do I make them tasty?

weelissa
weelissa Posts: 89 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I love puy lentils! I had grilled lamb on a bed of puy lentils in a restaurant a few weeks ago and they tasted phenomenal!

Only thing is... I have not got a clue how to cook them so that they are tasty and full of flavour.

I tried mixing them with some herbs but they just didn't taste nice. Has anyone got any tasty recipes they could share? I'd like to be able to make a batch and then eat them over a few days, hot or cold with different meats or in salads.

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    I buy lentils to make soup - don't know if they are the same as what you are using. The lentil soup is easy! one can of stewed tomatoes, a bag of frozen mixed veggies and beef broth. sometimes I throw in different fresh veggies. so easy and really good
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Chow Hound post on Puy/French Green Lentils

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/447726
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Mmm, i'd like to know how to cook tasty lentils too, saving this to read tomorrow :)
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    I like to boil them in chicken stock or vegetable stock and then add creme fraiche and a bit of finely chopped fresh parsley and a dash of lemon juice. Or for a more healthier option, use fat free Total Greek yogurt instead. I love it with grilled salmon. :love:
  • weelissa
    weelissa Posts: 89 Member
    This is all great stuff. Can't wait to give them a go at the weekend! Thanks folks.
  • citizenstarr
    citizenstarr Posts: 13 Member
    I don't know what the difference is between all the different kinds of lentils but I make this recipe with brown lentils. It is delicious and I've turned some of my friends onto lentils this way! :flowerforyou:

http://www.injennieskitchen.com/2010/02/lentil-ricotta-meatballs.html
  • PJRiner
    PJRiner Posts: 58
    Before serving add a splash of wine vinegar! Seriously is amazing!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    I cook them with garlic,herbs,tomatoes and a little stock.

Another way I really love puy lentils is cokked in a chilli con carne,and it bulks it out so you dont need rice....tastes amazing!
This discussion has been closed.