Just HATING my pear shape :( How to change it!?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You said you're a 32B. B would be your cup size. How are you a C/D if you're a B?

I'm confused.

Either way, bone structure is bone structure.
    Nope I said I am a 32 BUST The B was for Bust..afterward I said that my cup size was C/D ;)

So your measurement around your back at the largest part of your breasts is 32 inches?

If that's what you meant, I get it. But 32B is a bra size.

Your back must be barely visible if you're a C/D cup and only measure 32 inches around. There really isn't much you can do about that. I guess you can try to build muscle, but that's only going to be so successful.

I'm sure you look much better than you think you do.
  • DanielleJoy129
    Options
    I like my pear shape...

better than a tomato on 2 toothpicks.
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    I skimmed through this a bit but as a rule of thumb pear shapes need to build shoulders and lats to even out nature.

So get on the Arnold press, shoulder press, front and side raise teamed in with pull ups and lat pull downs.

Good luck and remember the only way to change body shape is to lift! ????
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    You can't change your bone structure, but heavy compound weight training will tighten your lower body and make your shoulders a little more broad (not significantly so, but enough that it will create the illusion of balance).

I highly recommend you get a copy of New Rules of Lifting for Women ($15 off amazon) and Starting Strength (by Mark Rippetoe) and hit the weight room hard.
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like my pear shape...

OMG! this ^^^ ..... Laughing soo hard!
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like my pear shape...

Umm...that wasn't very nice. We apples (or as you so eloquently put it "tomatoes on toothpicks") can't help our body types any more than pears can. Sheesh.
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You can't change that. You're a pear. Embrace who you are and dress to flatter yourself.

You can read up on how to dress to make you look more balanced from the front. Things that make you look broader shouldered and narrower waisted. A bateau (boat) neck can make you look more balanced. A well fitted shirt dress belted to show off your waist. Don't wear things that are too tight around the hips. Wear A lines. Avoid raglan sleeves (which diminish the shoulders and make you look rounder and narrower at the top).
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You said you're a 32B. B would be your cup size. How are you a C/D if you're a B?

I'm confused.

Either way, bone structure is bone structure.
    Nope I said I am a 32 BUST The B was for Bust..afterward I said that my cup size was C/D ;)

So your measurement around your back at the largest part of your breasts is 32 inches?

If that's what you meant, I get it. But 32B is a bra size.

Your back must be barely visible if you're a C/D cup and only measure 32 inches around. There really isn't much you can do about that. I guess you can try to build muscle, but that's only going to be so successful.

I'm sure you look much better than you think you do.

Yeah...very small back...I guess i should've writen 32 C/D BUST ...I wrote short form...I know ;)
  • annasor70
    Options
    You can't change your bone structure, but heavy compound weight training will tighten your lower body and make your shoulders a little more broad (not significantly so, but enough that it will create the illusion of balance).

I highly recommend you get a copy of New Rules of Lifting for Women ($15 off amazon) and Starting Strength (by Mark Rippetoe) and hit the weight room hard.
    Will check it out...thanks!
  • annasor70
    Options
    You can't change that. You're a pear. Embrace who you are and dress to flatter yourself.

You can read up on how to dress to make you look more balanced from the front. Things that make you look broader shouldered and narrower waisted. A bateau (boat) neck can make you look more balanced. A well fitted shirt dress belted to show off your waist. Don't wear things that are too tight around the hips. Wear A lines. Avoid raglan sleeves (which diminish the shoulders and make you look rounder and narrower at the top).

Yep..thanks..mostly already do this...I live in A line skirts ;)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    You can't change your genetics. Sorry.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    well, when you press on ur hip, do u feel it's bony, or do you feel there is a layer of chubbiness? if it's just bones, then there is nothing you can do.

ps, i think there is nothing wrong with pear shape. it's very feminite.
  • annasor70
    Options
    well, when you press on ur hip, do u feel it's bony, or do you feel there is a layer of chubbiness? if it's just bones, then there is nothing you can do.

All bone!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You and I are a lot twins size wise. I am a 32D also. I have done Insanity and NROLFW neither made me "bigger" in the legs. They complimented me well:-).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    Can't change your shape, but you can create an illusion of a more hour glass figure by "widening" your shoulders. Beef up the side delts for this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    First, a pear shape is very "normal" and a lot of people find it attractive. Learn to accept it, even love it. If everyone was a barbie hour glass the world would be a very boring place.

Second, like Niner said, you can de-emphysize your pear shape but adding bulk to your upper body (shoulders, lats, arms, traps, etc).
    Can't change your shape, but you can create an illusion of a more hour glass figure by "widening" your shoulders. Beef up the side delts for this.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options

All bone!

oh well XD

ps. i'm 32D also. rofl
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I can;t believe I'm saying this, and I'll bleach my fingers later, but take a look at JLo. That woman never wavered in her love for her pear shaped body, and it translates well. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say her butt is gross or her body is homely. She's hot. Believe it about yourself.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    First, a pear shape is very "normal" and a lot of people find it attractive. Learn to accept it, even love it. If everyone was a barbie hour glass the world would be a very boring place.

Second, like Niner said, you can de-emphysize your pear shape but adding bulk to your upper body (shoulders, lats, arms, traps, etc).

If everyone was a true Barbie hour glass we'd have a lot of women with back problems.

OP, we all have things about our bodies we don't like, work towards changing the ones you can like body composition, and start accepting and loving the things you can't change (short of surgery). I used to see myself as a flat chested tomboy with thunder thighs. Now I see myself as an athletic female with strong legs and a fantastic rear. Its a slow process to readjust but when you start valuing the things your body can do, more than the way it looks, the brain starts to catch up and realize how awesome you are.