How do you distract yourself when you're still hungry?

Options
There have been a few days this week where I felt absolutely starving and had no cals left! I one day I ended up taking a long bath and straightening my hair at 8pm (for no reason at all). And of course, I creep the success threads for sometimes more than an hour.

What kind of crazy have you done to get food off the brain?

Replies

• linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    working out is my favorite. kill 2 birds with one stone, get my workout in and something to do to get my mind off the food
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to eat more. Just a thought. :wink:
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options

I just bumped up my intake by 200, I'm still hungry, but it definitely helps.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Use this to figure out your calories. You may still not be eating enough.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    I eat more protein and upped my fiber and water
  • LadyAsrai
    LadyAsrai Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a lot of tea or cold water-- tea is lovely because it makes you feel full, and it tastes good :3 also, you could snack on something like celery that's filling but has next to no calories.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Working out and increase water intake. Also, I worry more about weekly totals instead of daily. This way if I'm hungry I can eat and just make up for it on another day. Make sure ur really hungry vs just bored.
  • mckatie1980
    Options
    My protein allotment for fitness pal is 30-50 grams lower than what my trainer suggested for me. I eat some kind of protein six times a day. Greek yogurt. Cottage cheese. Half a snickers marathon bar. Special k plus protein cereal. Protein helps you stay more full. Also drink more water. Thirst triggers can feel like hunger. And in a pinch a piece of gum will keep your mouth busy.
  • ShaunaMcMac
    ShaunaMcMac Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Use this to figure out your calories. You may still not be eating enough.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

No I'm eating enough for weight loss. I'm avg 1.8/wk, that's where I want to be. I eat about 2100 a day, netting about 1500.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Paint your nails! You can't eat with wet polish.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I drink a large cup of water. It usually helps.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    There have been a few days this week where I felt absolutely starving and had no cals left! I one day I ended up taking a long bath and straightening my hair at 8pm (for no reason at all). And of course, I creep the success threads for sometimes more than an hour.

What kind of crazy have you done to get food off the brain?

Honestly, I eat if I'm hungry, but especially if I'm "absolutely starving". Even if only to eat something very low cal like another salad with low cal dressing (approx. 70 calories).

Oh also I remember good advice from years ago when I did WW ~ they say when your calories (points?) run out ~ time for bed, go to sleep ;)
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    at work I get bored, bored = false hunger, so I get up and walk around
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I will usually just snack on something if I'm hungry. I try to make sure I have 100 calories for snacking and if not, well sometimes I go over but I never go hungry and I'm losing every week. if you go over by 100 one or two days a week it's not a huge deal. I'd listen to your body and just eat something.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Try to be consistent with your diet. I find I have trouble if I cut my intake, but it subsides after several days of consistent intake.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I go have a shower, go clean my teeth or go lock myself away in my bedroom lol ;)
  • KristinG1983
    Options
    I drink lots of herbal tea too! 0 calories, and feels like you're having something, so many types and flavours available out there!! Also filling and hydrating! Some can also help with weight loss, I like Tetley Cleanse. A nice sweeter one is Vanilla Rooibos.
  • ADixie4You2Know
    ADixie4You2Know Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I read a good book. I finished the 50 shades books now im working on the crossfire series. They will get you thinking about much more than food ;^)
  • kerstinelaine
    kerstinelaine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started this week. I realized how much I was used to eating before this! I used to be about 115-120 when I was a teenager. I even lost the weight after my second child. Then, I started working in the fast food industry again for about 3 years. That did NOT help and I gained more than ever. I feel like I'm so hungry all the time. I even went over my total calories for the day on purpose because I was so hungry. Only by 83, but still. I think I used to eat well over 2,000, and now trying for 1,330. I don't know what to do about feeling like I'm starving myself!
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Makes sense to me.

Increasing protein helps hunger pangs go away,
    If I am hungry, I eat, and acknowledge it's a good idea to choose calories more wisely tomorrow, making sure there isn't such a large ratio between Protein and Carbs
    :-)