Brown Lentils

Options
GuillaineC
GuillaineC Posts: 74 Member
Does any one have a good recipe that uses brown lentils?

Replies

• Melaniegibson
    Options
    I have made a good soup.
    Lentils with water to cover the lentils then add garlic and salt and peper - in a crock pot, cooked on high til the lentils are about half cooked, the I add chopped carrots and potatoes.
    Just season to taste. Nice to cook in the crock all day. I check the water hourly. I dont like it with too much otherwise it is runny and it does not have that lentil taste. It is better as a thick soup and not a lot of liquid at the end.
  • antiadipose
    Options
    i put them in soup too. . also i cook them and add them to rice. yummy! and good source of protein
    sry i dont have a specific recipe.
  • futballuvr73
    futballuvr73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make an Italian soup with lentils, brown rice, loads of veggies, crushed tomatoes and herbs. We call it Roto-Rooter soup... Tastes soooo good (especially with a nice glass of cabernet) topped with fresh shredded parmesan. Oh, and did I mention it's 'cleansing'? :tongue: :ohwell:
  • citizenstarr
    citizenstarr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lentil burgers and lentil ricotta meatballs from this site are both sooooo good. I just posted this in another thread, people are gonna think I own this site but I swear I don't LOL! I just made a lentil meatball mixture tonight for tomorrow night's dinner. Mmmm they are the best.

http://www.injennieskitchen.com/2010/03/lentil-burgers-crispy-oven-fries.html

http://www.injennieskitchen.com/2010/02/lentil-ricotta-meatballs.html
  • shoebootie
    shoebootie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can totally vouch for wendystarr's lentil ricotta meatballs - I LOVED them! Good with pasta, alone, tzatziki sauce (like a falafel) and I even ate them with bbq sauce and liked it. Easy to make too.
  • tashtranquillo
    Options
    I make an Italian soup with lentils, brown rice, loads of veggies, crushed tomatoes and herbs. We call it Roto-Rooter soup... Tastes soooo good (especially with a nice glass of cabernet) topped with fresh shredded parmesan. Oh, and did I mention it's 'cleansing'? :tongue: :ohwell:

mmmmm yummo!!

i also add th lentils with basmati rice, loads of garlic and cut cubes of cucumber and tomatoes in olive oil or opt for low fat greek yogurt!!! i don't personally do the greek yogurt any more but the cucumber/tomato salad on top of the lentil rice is soooo refreshing and filling!!!
  • rebmcg
    Options
    Does any one have a good recipe that uses brown lentils?

Sweet Potato Lentil Stew--http://www.pcrm.org/kickstartHome/celebrity/silverstone/index.cfmotato
    Yum, especially the second day.
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    A little oil your favourite curry powder/paste or Indian spices - lightly fry the spices to get them going add lentils and enough water to cover simmer till soft - blend if you like them smooth - or check indian recipes for daal - garlic/onion possible - garnish with yoghurt
    j