the same brick wall as before!

Options
I am on my second round of weight loss in my life. I was able to drop about 50lbs back in collage(about 4 years ago) I made it down to 245. At that time the quarter was over and started a job and diet and exercise became priority 2.

Now I have been able to drop 80 lbs .... Working very hard! I was doing so good. But now I have held steady at the same weight again, 245! For about 3 weeks. I can break thru this wall. I cannot let this stop me. I must try harder.

My next goal i have set a 240. I will hit it! Its a question of how much work will it take to get there.

On problem I have.... I have not been so good at logging my meals. I think this is my issue. I am not as good at guessing the calories. U have to get back into logging. I was consistently logging everything I ate. But I have slacked of.

I have also just started the c25k app on my phone.

Replies

• kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    Wow, good for you! You seem awfully determined and that's a wonderful quality to have. As for logging your food, would it be easier to just write down on a notepad the name (and brand/type/etc.) of whatever you eat throughout the day? Then you could log it in the evening!

Remember that not everyone's perfect at logging. It took me awhile to realize some people eat the same things everyday and that they're only guessing the calories of two or three items daily. For me, it's three new meals everyday and it's difficult but I try my best!
  • 7041lynette
    7041lynette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Neva Tap Out Let's Go !!!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yep, log everything. It can be a challenge but really keep you on track. Yesterday I thought my breakfast was great then logged it and saw it had over 700 calories. Holy cow! That influenced how I ate the rest of the day...

It is normal to hit a plateau at some stage. Frustrating, maddening, but normal. Try shaking up your routine---eat a high calorie day followed by a low one, try some different foods if you have gotten in a rut of having the same things over and over, change your exercise type for a few days.

Hang in there! I saw a great picture once that mentioned something about how things are not always how they look...2 rabbits with carrot tops sticking out of the ground...one had a huge top and tiny carrot the other was a tiny top with a huge carrot underground. Point being of course that you can not always gauge your results by what you see with one measure. This leads me to ask...how are your clothes fitting? Are you measuring? You may have composition changes going on, while the scale is not budging things may still be changing for the better!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    First of all 80 pounds! Great job! :happy: Second don't let a plateau get you down. Get back to logging more accurately. You may also want to double check your calculations of calories(whether using MFP of TDEE-15%) as these should be changing as you are losing. Good Luck
  • stacie102
    stacie102 Posts: 3
    Options
    hunny, we can do it...when i ask you to log what you have ate for the day after supper, dont get mad at me just go in and do it...its for the better!! love you but you are doing an amazing job!! xoxo
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great work! To lose that five pounds you need to eat 17500 calories less of burn off 17500 calories without eating it all back.

Staying at one weight for three weeks is perfectly normal if you ask me! Just stick with it and you'll drop -- but always look at your log/diary during those three weeks and ask yourself: what did I eat that has caused risistance to losing weight?

I don't think of plateau's like a lot of people do but rather what I call 'resistance levels'. What I mean by those is that I've stuck somewhere unexpectedly. At that point I go back and look at what I did which causes the resistance.

Here is my weight loss and I'll point out where I was at a resistance level:
    Start -- 275.8lbs (that was probably a light day too and I WAS 282 not long before this weigh in)
    Week 2 -- 274.2 -1.6lbs
    Week 3 -- 273.0 - 1.2lbs
    Week 4 -- 270.0 -3lbs
    Week 5 -- 273.8 +3.8lbs -- start of new diet eating more whole grains.
    Week 6 -- 270.0 -3.8lbs
    Week 7 -- 271.5 lbs +1.5lbs -- possibly due to change in BP meds (dropped them)
    Week 8 -- 267.0 lbs -4.5lbs
    Week 9 -- 263.8 lbs -3.2lbs
    Week 10 -- 260.2 lbs - 3.6lbs
    Week 11 -- 259.8 - 0.4lbs
    Week 12 -- 255.0 lbs - 4.8lbs
    Week 13 -- 253.8 lbs - 1.2lbs
    Week 14 -- 251.8 - 2lbs
    Week 15 -- 250.0 - 1.8lbs
    Week 16 -- 248.0 - 2 lbs -- Resistance Level -- Cabin trip so eating poorly.
    Week 17 -- 247.8 - 0.2lbs -- Resistance Level -- Lost the weight, gained some back, Still fighting it
    Week 18 -- 247.2 - 0.6lbs -- Resistance Level -- adjusted daily caloric intake
    Week 19 -- 242.6 - 4.6 lbs -- Upped my Cardio -- adjust diet
    Week 20 -- 245.0 +2.4lbs (*DanG Cheetos and snickers bars!)
    Week 21 -- 246.4 +1.4lbs (*DanG junk food on cabin trips!)
    Week 22 -- 244.0 -2.4lbs -- got smarter about junk and overeating and kicked the cardio up a notch :)
    Week 23 -- 240.4 - 3.6lbs
    Week 24 -- 240.6 + 0.2lbs (I think this was a 'resistance level' for me but I was eating more home made bread)
    Week 25 -- 239.8 - 0.8lbs
    Week 26 -- 234.6 - 5.2lbs
    Week 27 -- 235.8 + 1.2lbs (a little too much sourdough me thinks)
    Week 28 -- 233.6 - 2.2lbs

In the end I can pretty much tell you why my weight didn't drop when I thought it should or wanted it too and because I looked closely at what I was doing I was able to adjust it and get back to losing the weight :)
  • mgoblue8
    mgoblue8 Posts: 2
    Options
    Logging calories helps ..
  • flashesbuck
    flashesbuck Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies.... so to help me overcome this.... i had my girlfriend shave my head today... now every time i rub my head i can thing " did i log what i just ate?"

IMG_20130617_203300.jpg

IMG_20130617_201432.jpg
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Love it :)

For me, logging is becoming like second nature - I don't like to eat before I've logged it

No way am I perfect, and I've been "maintaining" for a month, but I've also crept more junk food into the log, too.