1200 calories ?

Options
I am 5'5 and 165 and 43 years old .. I set my goal weight at 145 .. it says my daily calorie goal is 1200 per day ? ? ? is this correct .. I have read that 1200 is way low for a male and I am not sure I should be only intaking 1200 per day ... some feed back ?

Alex

Replies

• PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    If you set your goal to losing 2 lbs a week it gives you 1200. Also if you set your activity level to "sedentary".

Eta- if it sounds too low you might want to level up on your activity and/or lower your lbs per week loss, and take the slower route that is healthier an more sustainable long term.
  • 87Adrena
    87Adrena Posts: 2
    Options
    Depending on your physician's recommendations for your specific health needs, 1200 calories a day can be too low, or it could be perfectly acceptable, granted you are in good health. If you think 1200 calories a day is to few calories in your weight loss goals, you can change your health goals and set it to maybe 1.5 lbs a week, or even 1 lb, and that should free up some extra calories for you on a daily basis. Also, regularly exercising and logging away exercise will free up extra calories for your daily intake.

If you go under your "MY HOME" tab,
    then click on "GOALS",
    then towards the bottom click on the "CHANGE GOALS" button,
    leave it at "GUIDED" and click "CONTINUE",
    and at the bottom of the next page right above the "UPDATE PROFILE" button it will ask you "what your goal is?"
    just click on the little down arrow where the box says "2 pounds per week" and you can change it to 1.5 pounds or 1 pound.
  • otthawk1
    otthawk1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you both .. I was a bit confused at the 1200 .. I do cycle 30 minutes a day for about 280 calorie burn .. according to the display on the bike lol .. so I guess I am at about 1400 give or take and with the - from cycling it is 1200 even .. I am not really ever hungry and really never tired during the day .. so I 'll go with this for a bit .. been doing it for 2 1/2 weeks and lost 4 pds.

Again .. thank you :)

Alex