Too few calories?

Options
I have been trying to log all my foods because I'm at such a plateau. Been on it for a few months now. I take in 1500, which when I exercise, nets about 1000-1200 depending on my workout. Too few?? I'm eating 4-5 times a day, meals are 300-550 and snacks are less than that. Thoughts? Feedback?

Replies

• soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are consuming to few carbs. I suggest you have a re feed day of carbs.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see the foods you are eating. Also give us your specs Height Weight Age.

You are probably netting to few calories.
  • sjacob26
    sjacob26 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 45yrs old, female, 5'8" and 183lbs.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    yes too few
  • sjacob26
    sjacob26 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just opened the diary--so what should I be adding? I'm pretty nervous about adding more carbs because historically that has been in the form of breads/pasta etc.... I don't have gluten intolerance but definitely feel worse eating them and they are terrible trigger foods. So....suggestions on what to add and when?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    I just opened the diary--so what should I be adding? I'm pretty nervous about adding more carbs because historically that has been in the form of breads/pasta etc.... I don't have gluten intolerance but definitely feel worse eating them and they are terrible trigger foods. So....suggestions on what to add and when?

Carbs are not the debbil. Eat them or not, depending on what you prefer.

At 1500 calories, you might be still a little low on your base calories, THEN you aren't eating the exercise calories.

Set your Goals here to "Lose 1 pound a week." DO NOT use Sedentary, it's way too low on this site unless you have no job, no husband, no kids and you have a housekeeper, a personal shopper and a chef. So just don't use Sedentary. Use a different Activity Level here.

THEN add in and eat back your exercise calories here. That is how this site is designed to be used. You are shooting yourself in the foot by under eating.