Should I see a doctor?

Options
2»

Replies

• Journey2newwomen
    Journey2newwomen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would go to the emergency room and get an x-ray or an MRI. If money is an issue, tell the hospital that --- their finance office will allow you to make payments or waive part of the fee.

When you are in pain and take pain meds like ibuprofen, you are masking the pain. The injury is still there. The pain is a message from your body that something is wrong. I would never, never take pain pills to mask an injury so I could keep up regular activity. You could seriously harm yourself and make an injury much worse.

My mom and a couple other ppl I know have told me that its prolly just fluid. I think they are right. I also think its really not that serious as I once thought. It is getting better slowly but it is getting better! I can't wait till its better so I can start working out again. I have def learned my lessons, wear shoes and WARM UP my body especially my knees before any workout
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Update: I did not go to the dr. Instead I started taking ibprophen(sp?), wearing my knee brace and just relaxing. I feel much better and most of the pain is goin. All I am left with is a cracking/popping noise when I walk

I worked for an orthopedist for many moons, a cracking/popping noise when you walk is not normal.
  • bill323
    bill323 Posts: 100
    Options
    I think some of you guys are flippin nuts. My knee hurts so lets have a $10k MRI. How about you stay off it for awhile and ice and elevate it before calling a doctor.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When you see the doc, DO NOT take bull**** for an answer!! Just because nothing shows up on an x-ray doesn't mean there's no injury!

I'm saying this because it happened to me several times, the last occasion being a foot injury. X-ray (allegedly) unremarkable, with attendant suggestions of patient being either insane or severely wimpy. The MRI I pushed for showed a torn tendon and an ankle fracture.