No weight loss

Options
I'm 25 178. Been on for 2 weeks 1200-1500 calories burning 450ish calories. Netting between 670-830 calories after workout!
I sometimes eat the calories back but normally I'm not hungry. No weight loss is very disappointing. What gives?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Be patient. You've only been at it for 2 weeks. Give it more time.

Eat back your exercise calories. That's how MFP was designed. It's MEANT to work like that. You're not netting enough calories without them.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Netting that much for the day sooo not enough.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    What has worked for me, drinking more water than 1/2 my body weight in oz, decreasing my sodium to 1500 mg/day, my macros are set @ 30/30/40 for carbs/protein/fat, & upping my potassium. I've also done HIIT workouts, too. Those work great!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 178. Been on for 2 weeks 1200-1500 calories burning 450ish calories. Netting between 670-830 calories after workout!
    I sometimes eat the calories back but normally I'm not hungry. No weight loss is very disappointing. What gives?

I'd suggest setting up MFP with a .5 to 1 lb loss goal and eating back your exercise calories. The point of the system is to NET you goal. On non-workout days it'll be a static number like 1500. When you work out you're increasing your deficit and expected to eat back those extra calories to keep your loss steady. Undereating can cause stalls very easily.
  • Smirfettewithmuscles
    Options
    So somedays you eat 2300 calories and somedays much less?

As long as you are aware of how many calories you need to maintain and you have a deficit, give yourself more time, and keep it up!
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Remain consistent and give it time. Two weeks is not enough time to see results. Be patient, i know its hard but it took you longer to put the weight on, so it will take that amount of time to take the weight off :)
  • teacuplady
    teacuplady Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Click on the link above Newbies Please READ ME (2nd edition), In the first post there are four links. I just finished reading them and I was really surprised.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ask this question again after 6 weeks
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    It's only been 2 weeks
  • trayceemcknight
    Options
    I think I'm going to up my calories to 1500. So then when I work out I'm netting about 1200-1300 calories. Does that sound more like what I should be doing?
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

Try these 2 calculator websites to give you a better idea of how many calories you should be netting a day.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You might be eating the wrong kind of calories, your diary is not open to look at, open it up so we can see what you are eating , then give you some ideas for changing it up:flowerforyou:
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options

two weeks is not enough time, and also you need to eat more. 6-800 net cals is not enough. your body is in starvation mode so its refusing to let go of fat. Eat your cals back, even if not hungry, this happens to me too. I totally get it but you must eat. this isnt about starving yourself skinny, this is about giving the body what it needs to burn effectively.

Dont Give Up! *HUGS*
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    I think I'm going to up my calories to 1500. So then when I work out I'm netting about 1200-1300 calories. Does that sound more like what I should be doing?

YES!!! You most likely use 1500-1800 cals doing nothing at all, just basic breathing and thinking. (Id need your stats to be sure) The MFP app works in your data to put you at a deficit. A HEALTHY deficit that you can lose and not hurt yourself at the same time. If your body stays in starvation mode too long you will damage your metabolism and store fat worse than ever before. Food is not an enemy its a friend to you. Especially if your working out. Then, more than ever you need fuel.

So this is the deal, if MFP has you at a deficit already, and then you exercise on top of that your deficit increases. How many of those cals you chose to eat back is often a subject of debate here, but Id say eat most or close to all of them back. So if you burn 500 cals and it says to eat 1000 cals to lose weight, you need to eat 1500 that day or else your net is only 500. That will cause your body to halt progress.

Again, Dont give up!!! :)
  • Brookesworld104
    Brookesworld104 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else who said you are not eating enough. What you are doing is putting your body into Starvation Mode so it wants to hold on to and store everything you take in. You are actually being counter productive. MFP sets you up already at a caloric deficit so that you will lose weight. Add exercise to that and it is more of a deficit than you need, putting you way under what you need in order to feed your muscles and provide energy and fuel your metabolism. You have to eat those exercise calories back. I always do. Many times I go over. I still lose. I was 125.8 when I started this program and I am now 117.4. consistency is key. Also make sure the calories you take in are nutrient dense. I don't eat meat but I eat eggs and dairy so lots of Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Whites, Almonds, Protein Shakes, Vegetables, etc. My diary is open to friends only, but feel free to add me. And open your diary so I can help you.