Diet Coke - aspartame- Could this be true?

Options
I heard that a guys neck fell off after drinking a diet coke. How could this happen to where your head would be okay, but your neck would come flying off? I am NOT a doctor, but I never would dream something like this would even be possible, but since I heard about this, and after all it is aspartame {aka poison}, it must be true. Be careful!

Replies

• eekface
    eekface Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    is this a serious post?
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    How does your neck fall off? And if your neck can fall off, I doubt it would be due to drinking something.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    I totally call shenanigans. Pics or it didn't happen. :tongue:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Either you're a troll or you're very gullible.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I'll be the first to say Aspartame is bad news, but I think the OP is shining us on.
  • eekface
    eekface Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I grew an extra arm because of Aspartame and all it does is slap me all the time. Its so frustrating
  • alphaip
    alphaip Posts: 86
    Options
    How does your neck fall off?

My point exactly!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I grew an extra arm because of Aspartame and all it does is slap me all the time. Its so frustrating
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I love me some Aspartame!
  • alphaip
    Options
    I do drink a lot of diet coke - I think it is making me really sarcastic.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    At least whoever lost it got rid of a lot of DEAD weight.:laugh:
  • kristybenner
    kristybenner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    lmao!!!!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    There is formaldehyde in it, you know , the chemical used in embalming corpses????? There are cases of contact dermatitis and maybe that is where this story originated. Any extreme case of dermatitis can cause necrosis (tissue death) and in an extreme case left untreated could possibly lead to part of a person falling off or more realistically, rotting away. EWWWW> Bad stuff. I know I got off all sodas and on the rare occasion I do have one, I feel almost sick. Something to it. Where did you hear this?>
  • ChaosInTheFlesh
    Options
    oh em geeeee bahahahhahaaa wow :laugh: :drinker: (drinkin diet coke lets see if his neck falls off)
  • alphaip
    Options
    Methanol in which naturally occurs in apple juice - and artificially in aspartame - will be metabolized in the body as formaldehyde. There is no formaldehyde in aspartame, but that's kinda like that story with the guys neck - I bet you heard that somewhere.
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    "I heard that a guys neck fell off after drinking a diet coke. How could this happen to where your head would be okay, but your neck would come flying off? I am NOT a doctor,"
    apachefloatmd9ry.gif

:huh: You see, one little neck falls off, and people get all paniky. I'm gonna focus on the positives. Look how many people drink diet coke and still have their necks intact. :ohwell:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Funny!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Long term studies of aspartame don't show any definitive negative effects except in people susceptible to a certain chemical, these people are very rare. I don't remember what it is but I will post it as soon as I relocate the article(s).
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I love me some Aspartame!
    :laugh: :drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I heard that a guys neck fell off after drinking a diet coke. How could this happen to where your head would be okay, but your neck would come flying off? I am NOT a doctor, but I never would dream something like this would even be possible, but since I heard about this, and after all it is aspartame {aka poison}, it must be true. Be careful!
    me thinks you need another round or two of Asperatame!:tongue: on the rocks with a shot of Diet Pepsi on the side!:laugh: