Need to lose 100 lbs. or more? Lets start a group!

Options

Replies

• ericag128
    ericag128 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone is on a specific diet. I've been just eating what i would normally. Is it just about the calories or do i need to start paying attention to fat and carbs too. It would be fantastic if i could just count the calories!
  • Deborahmarieoneill
    Options
    Hi I'd like to join this group, 100 lbs to lose, anyone want to add me as a friend feel free---need ALL the help I can get. Am based in Ireland, two children and a large midriff!!! Good luck everyone
  • sandradee82
    sandradee82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im in!!!!
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Erica, Right now I have ordered the Ediets meal delivery. It's $130 per week, and 5 days of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks get delivered to your door. They are fresh, not frozen. You can eat them within 7 days or freeze them. It's nice. Saves alot of hassle of preparing healthy meals. On weekends I eat whatever, but try to not have a 'free for all'. I eat 2-3 meals per day on weekends and indulge in bigger breakfasts and desserts. If I eat a large breakfast then I won't need lunch. If I eat a large lunch, then I won't have breakfast. Even though I am on Ediets, I still count calories. I still log my food or at least the calories per day.
  • ericag128
    ericag128 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It would be wonderful to have my meals delivered, but i can't afford it. It just seems wrong to think that i can just eat what i want and still loose weight....as long as i stay within my calories for the day. Counting calories makes me think more about what i eat though. I can eat a lot of healthy food or a little junk food. Hmmmm.......
  • reneeb82
    reneeb82 Posts: 32
    Options
    I understand the frustration. The scale has not budged for me for 3 weeks. The last time I got to this weight a few months ago and I quit and gained my weight back. This time I am determined to break it. I have tried everything I can think of. I have hope though that it can't last forever I hope.
    I do the exercise as much as I hate it because if I quit one, exercising or eating right, I quit the other within a week then I gain it all back with a little something extra.
    Keep up the good work all.
  • reneeb82
    Options
    You should always choose to eat healthy food whenever possible. I have heard it helps with the weight loss.
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    i wanna join...This is exactly what I nwas looking for. I am at 252 and really want to get down to 145-140 I haven't weighed that much since middle school. Although I promised myself I will be happy if I can just get down to 150. As for Mini Challenges what about 15 lbs by Halloween just to begin with?
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    How often should I weigh myself? I was thinking about once a week at the same time, and in the morning. I would love to hear from other members about when they weigh themselves and what works for them. Thanks!
  • Marianne0310
    Options
    me i am so so ready to loose this weight!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    How often should I weigh myself? I was thinking about once a week at the same time, and in the morning. I would love to hear from other members about when they weigh themselves and what works for them. Thanks!

I use to weigh myself everyday. The ups and downs were getting the best of me, so I switched to weekly and that was not enough, now I weigh 2 to 3 times a week. Please see below link on a post I posted a few months ago. Everyone is different and you to find what works best for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/99659-4-signs-it-s-time-to-step-off-the-scale?hl=scale+mollie#posts-1376801

Good luck to you on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • panjabi
    panjabi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Count me in also.
  • posy43
    posy43 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone

thank god its friday, this seems to have been a very long week. I am sooo tired but I got my new ab roller yesterday and can't wait to finish work tonight to try it out.

This work milarky doesn't half interfere with my exercise regime....lol

Hope everyone has a good day

Alison x
  • psarah
    psarah Posts: 84
    Options
    Hello, me too I want to lose about 150 lbs..:happy:
  • debjunti
    debjunti Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    count me in I have at least a 100# to lose, feel free to friend me I need all the help and support I can get!:bigsmile:
  • kllaw
    kllaw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooooooooooo on board! Need to lose 100. :sad: Please add (friend) me so we can help and encourage each other together! :flowerforyou:
  • psarah
    psarah Posts: 84
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me as a friend, that would be great!
  • reneeb82
    Options
    Somebody wrote they want to challenge us to lose 15 pounds by Halloween. Count me in. I would like more but I got get this dang scale to move.

I am also going for at least 5 days of exercising a week.

What is everyone favorite healthy meal here? I need some more ideas. Sometimes a chicken breast gets a little boring.
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    So I've been trying to convince my dr to let me get the weight loss surgery and he kept telling me I could do it on my own and that my insurance did not cover it. I have been overweight since before kindergarten. My parents were overweight and my dad's mom was too. A lot of people on both sides of my family are overweight. So, I'm also fighting genetics. Well, I kept hearing that my insurance does cover the surgery but my dr kept saying no. Soooo, yesterday I called my insurance company. I found out the two requirements are you have to be diabetic (I am) and you have to have a BMI of greater than 35 (mine is 58). Sooo hellooooo I qualify! Now, I want to call my dr to set up an appt to discuss this and have now freaked myself out over surgery. I have tried this on my own and I can lose 50 pounds and gain it right back. I have friends that say they will help me and after a month or two they decide I am doing so good that I can do it on my own and just quit on me. I need that constant support. I have abandonment issues lol And it doesn't help that my friends are all under 200 pounds and no one understands what it is like to weigh over 300 and be this big all your life.
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Somebody wrote they want to challenge us to lose 15 pounds by Halloween. Count me in. I would like more but I got get this dang scale to move.

I am also going for at least 5 days of exercising a week.

What is everyone favorite healthy meal here? I need some more ideas. Sometimes a chicken breast gets a little boring.

My favorite healthy meal is a breakfast meal, but I make it for lunch or dinner. I spray my skillet with Pam. Then I sautee mushrooms and onions. I add 1/2 cup egg whites and scramble with the veggies. Then I top with a couple of tablespoons of shredded cheese. I toast one english muffin and do not put butter on it. It's very simple and tastes good too :)