Options
So I am new here, and since using the app on my phone have lost 3 pounds, adding that to my loss before the app and I am up to 13 pounds. Very slow going, but putting very little effort in. I still need some major changes in meal and snack planning, and a kick in the butt to exercise, even if its just walking. I did the free trial membership at a few gyms, testing them out, and the one I love the most is the most expensive ofcourse. I am trying to go with outside walking during the nice seasons, and getting a membership in the winter, but am now finding on hot days I just don't want to get out there.

My other tough part is I eat great healthy foods when money allows for me to buy what I need at the store. But I am not a good cook, nor do I like cooking. I am one of those who needs easily accessible healthy snacks and very easy recipes. The other problem is, my husband is as skinny as can be. He is finally at a good weight, but had been underweight, which makes it even more difficult to cook a meal. I mean I can't feed him "diet stuff" as he puts it, so I need to find healthy but yummy meals he can enjoy that I can actual prepare. And it makes the grocery trip a little expensive for our budget, buying his snacks, and me seperate snacks, and then trying to plan meals is even tougher. In the past I could do a frozen pizza, or hamburger helper, or even something like pork chops and twiced baked or au gratin potatoes. Now I try to limit my portion sizes on leaner meats, always make sure there is a veggie, and stay away from potatoes as often as possible.

I will not give up, but need to accomplish my losing weight and his maintaining and not losing any weight, on an affordable budget, keeping in mind I stink at cooking but am trying to learn. I want to pre-cook and freeze things I can take out later for lunches.

Anyway, hi everyone and hope you are all doing great! I will be peeking around and learning all I can from you all.

Replies

• katiebenson12
    katiebenson12 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with trying to get outside!! I found a water aerobics class at the local pool and have really been enjoying it. I haven't bought a gym membership and am not so sure I want to. I will make that decision when it gets too cold to exercise outside. Finally, I have found that cooking with a crockpot has been hugely beneficial for me. I can put something together in the morning and forget about it. I have also found that it is affordable as well as healthy and yummy. Here is a website I have been using for recipes. http://www.slenderkitchen.com/healthy-crock-pot-recipes/#
    Good luck! :smile: