Shopped in a Plus Sized store..... AND LOVED IT (long)

Options
2»

Replies

• Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to share this because I am excited about the dress I bought and my experience. I have a bachelorette party this weekend I am attending. I have no nice going out dresses so naturally I had to go buy one. I have one nice dress and I bought it too small as motivation to lose weight. I still cannot fit in it so no luck there. So I went to the mall after work today in hopes of finding a cute dress. I HATE CLOTHES SHOPPING with a passion. So I was dreading it. I started at one end of the mall and worked my way around. Walked into pricey shops only to be looked at strangely when I asked about a cute dress for a bachelorette party. I have nothing about skinny women except ones that work in clothing stores. They dont understand what I want nor care to listen. Sorry if youre a skinny woman who works in a clothing store just all bad experiences here. I tried on about 15 dresses in several different stores. I went to Delias and the sales person there wasnt listening to what I was looking for. She was just shoving dresses my way that she thought was cute. I didnt like any of the dresses she gave me because they accentuated my mid section which I did not want obviously. Thats just how it was in all of the stores. The last store I came to was Torrid Plus Sizes. I was leary about it because it was plus size. I dont want to label my size. I walk in and I am pretty sure I look miserable. My eyes are darting around and scanning for dresses. An associate comes up to me and asks me what I am looking for. I throw out the negatives and tell her what I want and I can tell I am being difficult and I feel sorry. But the associate kept on going and didnt give up helping me. She asked me how I felt about patterns and etc. She was picking out dresses for me and bypassing the princessy frilly crap. We picked out four dresses. I thought they all looked nice on me but there was one I loved. It was the one that I was most uncertain about trying. It was one of those body forming strapless dresses. BUT the associate told me that I must try all of the dresses on because one can be pretty surprised. So I tried it on last. I LOVED it. My midsection wasnt accentuated etc. I could still see it but it wasnt awful. She suggested if I was still iffy about it, I could try spankies. So I tried it on with a pair of spankies. Oh my word! It looked wonderful! I bought it. I love it. I was so appreciative of the sales associate. She was a godsend. I love the dress that I bought. I never wouldve picked it up without her help. It is a form fitting dress. Clings to the body! Beautiful and I look great in it!

Thanks for reading! I was just excited!

That is amazing, and I am so happy you found something you liked (and went out of your comfort zone, too!!!)

Having worked in retail for several years, if you did get her name, write her a note and send it to the store telling her thank you and how much you appreciate her! :)
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've found that the sales associates in plus-sized stores were far more caring and compassionate to their clients than those in the regular stores. But now that I'm down to my goal size, I'm noticing that the sales staff in regular stores are being somewhat more attentive--but (with a few exceptions) still nowhere near the level of service at the plus-sized stores.

Congrats on finding that stunning dress!! You look great!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful! so pleased it turned out to be a positive trip :D
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! You are right to be excited :)

I totally get it, shopping for clothes makes me absolutely miserable. Well, at least, it did before I joined mfp but tbh, I haven't tried to shop for clothes in over a year because I hate is so much :/

So I get it and I'm glad to hear that in the end, you found sth and not just sth that was "okay" but sth that you loved! xx
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    What a feeling, huh? Kudos to you for hanging in there until you found something you were happy with.
  • dolphinie13
    dolphinie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you had a positive shopping experience. I LOVE Torrid! They're sometimes a little pricy, but they have lots of sales, so it's a fun place to shop.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You do look great:smile:
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    you look fantastic!!! im glad you finally got the service you needed. if you happened to have caught her name or see her again try to fill out a feedback survey or whatever you call it. because people like that deserve to be praised and become manager (if she wasnt already) so that she can train others to be just like that! also look online and find out if you have a debshops near you because their clothes are super awesome and i think you would like them! seriously love your dress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!