C25K--Starting August 1

Options

Replies

• PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    W3D3 this morning, went a lot better than W3D2! Still REALLY slow on the last interval, but not quite as bad. And my earbuds stayed in! :drinker:

STILL not sore....WTH?!? I was sore after W1D1 & W1D2, but I don't think I've been sore even once since then....I'm not even taking NSAIDs or icing or anything...I do stretch for a long time afterwards. I like to get a glass of ice water with a bendy straw and just suck it down while I'm flat on the floor! :bigsmile: I dunno, the lack of soreness just makes me feel like I'm being lazy or something, like I should be pushing my runs harder. :ohwell:
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Throw in some strength training if you want to build muscle. I rarely am sore due to running/walking.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Pixie - don't worry about not being sore - that's normal - you shouldn't be sore anymore from running and gradually increasing unless you really push yourself one day.
    I'm a chubby girl now but I was an athlete once :bigsmile:

I have been struggling with clock watching so this evening I made a conscious decision not to look at my ipod at all and just wait to hear the prompts.
    I accomplished it !!! What worked for me was really just thinking about the running, each step, my form and just enjoying the scenery. When I felt the need to check something I looked at my HRM heart rate instead.

So, Week 2 Day 2 complete as of this evening and I felt much better than after day 1. The weather was cooler and I didn't run as fast but got my heart rate up to right where it should be. Day 3 on Sunday !!!
  • sherri79eaton
    sherri79eaton Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just finished #c25k week 2 run 2 with #getrunning – 29 minutes of exercise and 9 minutes of running. Next run: monday 16th
  • shrublet
    shrublet Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    W4D1 finished! Good god was it hard, though. Almost 26deg outside and I was horribly dehydrated due to a stomach bug and not enough water today. I thought I was going to choke, my mouth was so dry. Might bring a water bottle along next time. First interval wasn't awesome but it wasn't bad either. The first five minute run was tough but I got through it and the break was adequate. The second three minute run was harder and the break afterwards was way too short, it felt like, so by the last run I was seriously outpaced by a middle aged woman strolling by. Good grief. Anyways. No shin pain today, yay! Not really looking forward to W4D2 but at least my boyfriend will be along with me, sharing the misery.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    well the plan to do week 2 day 3 isn't happening today. I am exhausted after burning 1056 calories doing some serious gardening today and it has just started raining which is all the excuse I need to stay inside. :frown:

Will be back at it later in the week for sure. The last session was actually quite enjoyable.

Shrublet - If you can hydrate in advance. I did one session where I drank water during and I felt crappy, too full and bloated like it wasn't going down properly.
  • sherri79eaton
    Options
    Just finished #c25k week 2 run 3 with #getrunning – 29 minutes of exercise and 9 minutes of running. Next run: Tuesday the 17th
  • charmwhite
    charmwhite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Finished W2D1 tonight. Feeling good! On track for the Rottnest Island 5km run in October! Anyone else got a 5km run scheduled for Week11?
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Everyone seems to be doing great. I am still fighting heat and knees, so it is a variety of cardio and yoga for me. Just finished the high intensity Core Rhythms workout. 25 minutes of ab busting high energy aerobics. I am already feeling the abs and I just finished 20 minutes ago :P I think that I will do this one daily. 25 minutes isn't that much time and it was actually fun!
  • shrublet
    Options
    Week four, day two complete. Was easier than last time and I thought that I went a lot faster on the runs but the calorie burn and distance is identical. Argh... oh well. I'd be happy about completing this if it didn't mean I'm one day closer to the 20min run. Eek!

I read an article on the Couch to 5k website that said that most people tend to drop out of the program around week four or five. Personally, I don't think I've gotten past W3D1 in the past (due to shin splints, but that's no excuse for letting many months go by before my next attempt!) and I *REFUSE* to give up this time. I feel like I've never actually finished something to completion and I want this to be my first.

I'm so proud of everyone in this thread and I hope everyone sticks to it!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    W4D1 this morning! Wasn't too bad at all! :) I think I actually enjoyed it more than the Week 3 workouts. But yeah, the 5min runs were rough. I was cerrrraaaaaawwwwling by the end of the last one! :P
  • sherri79eaton
    Options
    Just finished #c25k week 3 run 1 with #getrunning – 25 minutes of exercise and 9 minutes of running. Next run: Thursday 19th.
    That included two 1.5 minute runs and two 3 minute runs with periods of walking between each run!!! Didn't think I could do it but I did!!!
  • shrublet
    Options
    I just finished W4D3. It was hard today, even though yesterday was an off day. It wasn't hard physically, though- my breathing was even, my legs were ok. It was sooo hard mentally. I don't know why. I almost started crying at the end of the second 3min run and that made my hyperventilate during the 1:30 walk but when the stupid horrible interval dinged, I suppressed a strong urge to violently throw my iPhone against a tree and shuffled onwards. And you know what? The last 5min run was not bad at all.

Keep going, everyone. It might not feel like it's getting easier but we're all progressing. I hope everyone is still going.

PixieGoddess- I LOVE your idea of fit goals! So awesome. :) I'm going to set some for myself right now!
  • sherri79eaton
    Options
    Just finished #c25k week 3 run 2 with #getrunning – 25 minutes of exercise and 9 minutes of running. Next run: Saturday 21st.
    I decided to keep running when my last three minute run was up and ended up running 6 minutes without stopping!! That felt great!!
  • shrublet
    Options
    Wow, Sherri, great job!!
  • charmwhite
    Options
    Did c25k w2d3 this afternoon. It was sunny and warm enough to go out without a jumper. Felt pretty good till the last run section where my shins started to ache a little. Got Keith to roller them and am going to have a good long soak in the tub to heal up... Contemplating w2  repeat just to be sure we're physically ready for longer running sections.
  • sherri79eaton
    Options
    So I went to do my week 3 day 3 jog this morning and when I finished my second 1.5 minute run, well lets just say mother nature was calling and I had to quit and go home!! : -( I will try it again on tuesday or I may just go on and start week 4? not sure yet. One thing I do know, I definately like running at night VS morning/daytime! Whew that sun is HOT!!
  • charmwhite
    Options
    I'm petrified of that happening to me Sherri! So I've plotted our runs so they go past two very clean new public bathrooms!!!
  • sherri79eaton
    Options
    I'm petrified of that happening to me Sherri! So I've plotted our runs so they go past two very clean new public bathrooms!!!

Yeah, I run at the track and there is no bathroom there, so I drive there to run and then drive home!! Yeah didn't think I would make it past my last run, so I high tailed it home LOL Kinda embarrassing to say! Oh well
  • charmwhite
    Options
    They say running gets things moving so I guess it's bound to happen to some of us :)