Needing motivation

Options
Hi everyone, I have been working out for about a month and I haven't seen much of a difference . I have been working out six days a week to the Julian Micheal's shred in 30 days and have been doing portion control. I was just wondering if there is anything more that I should be doing . Thanks and good luck on your own personal journey.

Replies

• Chaosrose8
    Chaosrose8 Posts: 39
    Options
    If you open your food diary everyone can give better advice
  • ojosgreen
    ojosgreen Posts: 3
    Options
    I opened up my food diary
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been working out for about a month and I haven't seen much of a difference . I have been working out six days a week to the Julian Micheal's shred in 30 days and have been doing portion control. I was just wondering if there is anything more that I should be doing . Thanks and good luck on your own personal journey.
    If you banner is accurate and you've lost 8 pounds in a month, I'd say you are on the right track!
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i agree with the above poster. Often the weight comes off slower than you might expect, even 1lb per week is a success slow and steady is the way to go. Also working out 6 days per week is alot so you may be gaining muscle and losing fat. Try measuring instead you could actually be getting smaller with out the scale changing much
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    How many pounds do you want to lose? This will determine a practical weight loss goal for the week.

Pounds per week
    75+ lbs to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs to lose 1.0 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs range

You should be eating at least 1200 calories PLUS exercise calories.* Your body is using at least 1200 calories a day for basic bodily function. Too severe a calorie deficit will result in muscle loss (as well as fat loss).

NET caloires are this: Eating 1500 & exercising for 300 ..... your NET is 1200. This is how MFP is designed. MFP builds the calorie deficit up front.

*Exercise calories are hard to determine ..... MFP & many machines overstate calores burned .... so many people here on MFP eat back only a portion of their exercise calories...... then if weight loss is too slow they decrease ..... too fast they increase.
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Your diary is only one day but from what I can see...no fruits, no veggies, try to incorporate some of those in there. But you've lost 8 lbs in a month...how is that not progress?