Couch to 5k

Options
How would i log couch to 5k in the exercise tracker? Apparently its not in the database

Replies

• balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    You could log it as running. Otherwise if you have a heart rate monitor you can log it as your own. :smile:
  • Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    I'll try that. I would add it myself but i don't know how many calories it burns
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Ah, then you will need a heart rate monitor to know how many calories you've burnt which is great for a more accurate reading, otherwise you can know how many calories burnt by logging 'how long you ran' based on your current weight on mfp if you search for 'running'.
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi

I would invest in an HRM as the calories are a lot more accurate. Any machines that you use calculate a lot more calories burned that you actually have. I am attempting the C25K and just crated my own exercise and logged calories.

Good luck :smile:
  • granmalaura
    granmalaura Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you go to the Exercise page and put in Jog and search for it, at the bottom of the list there is a category called jog/walk, that is how I list mine. It is pretty accurate as I wear a heart rate monitor also and the figures, although do not correspond entirely, are not so off the mark that it cannot be used quite accurately. Hope that helps.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    I do agree an HRM is the best way to go - I've found that my calorie burn when I do C25K can vary pretty wildly from week to week depending on how much running there is (I'm just finishing week 6) and how much energy I have (because I vary my jogging speed).