I'm going to miss beer.

Options
Barbs2222
Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
This is my 2nd day and I know I have to quit drinking beer. I had two yesterday before I put them in my food diary. 290 calories, ouch. I really did enjoy them though.

Replies

• Drew0126
    Drew0126 Posts: 1
    Options
    I know the feeling.... :(
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Weight-loss can still be attained WITHOUT giving up beer!!!! I shall never give up my beer!!! If it means I walk around 15 pounds over weight then so be it!
  • javajunco
    javajunco Posts: 81
    Options
    Just do an extra 20 minutes of cardio! No biggie! Go for a walk! To the beer store and back, if you have to!
  • Andrea419
    Andrea419 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just have a little less and work it into your day. If you give up everything you love, it will be hard to stay on track.
  • chsnelk03
    chsnelk03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's going to be my BIGGEST challenge.......I LOVE beer!
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I will never give up my wine! While I probably don't drink a lot to begin with, I still would never give it up. I instead either make sure I save my calories or I have found a low calorie wine which actually tastes pretty good. You should never give up anything you like, it will only make you want it more and then go overboard with it. Still enjoy it, just in moderation (the dreaded M word LOL!)
  • ihammen
    ihammen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my wine! While I probably don't drink a lot to begin with, I still would never give it up. I instead either make sure I save my calories or I have found a low calorie wine which actually tastes pretty good. You should never give up anything you like, it will only make you want it more and then go overboard with it. Still enjoy it, just in moderation (the dreaded M word LOL!)

what's the low calorie wine you have found?
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm going to drink my couple of beers a day then. Thanks. Or maybe tonight I'll try some vodka with some lime juice and lots of ice. That might be just as good. Idk.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Two words....James Fell

A few more words....www.sixpackabs.com

In his own words, "My name is James Fell. I drink six packs of beer and have four pack abs. Close enough."

I know that he's a guy, but maybe he can be somewhat of a source of inspiration for you to be able to meet your fitness goals without having to give up beer?
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to cut back but I will NOT give it up! LOL! I hate seeing the calories added, but hell! Gotta live a little and I do enjoy an ice cold one.
  • Mariposa_Lily
    Mariposa_Lily Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Seltzer water. That's my trick. Last summer, I found myself wanting a couple of beers a night. Eventually, I realized what I was craving was (partially) the carbonation. OK, the alcohol, too, but also the carbonation. So, I started buying La Croix water, and then got a soda stream. Now I have a big glass of fizzy water before I have my first drink. And.... more often than not, I then stop after that first one.

(Right now, I'm on a wine spritzer binge--the one good thing about warm weather. I feel like I'm getting my drink, but for only 60 calories. When it gets cold, I'll start craving my much more caloric martinis and Manhattans again. But, I'll deal with that when it comes and not worry about it now.)
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    there is good low carb low cal beer out there give those a try and work them in!! Life is too short to go without something that ya really love! Good luck xxx
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with having a beer every now and then. Just hit the gym a bit harder that day!
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I have yet to give up alcohol. I've lost 25 pounds in 3 months. The trick is working harder for it and making it fit your macros :flowerforyou:
  • TattooedMuffin
    TattooedMuffin Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i will never!!!:noway:

i exercise because i love food... food and beer. :drinker:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I still drink beer. I've cut back some on alcohol in the attempt to reduce my calories, but no way am I completely eliminating it.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    BLASPHEMY!

I absolutely LOVE beer, and not that thin, pale stuff that has all the great commercials. Real, thick, dark calorie and flavor laden beer with alcohol percentages that rival wine. I am the epitome of a beer snob, and wear that badge with honor.

That being said, I still enjoy my beer, but I enjoy it in smaller quantities. I savor it longer. I drink less often.

Life is too short to completely give up the things that bring you happiness- just moderate!
  • katygruber
    katygruber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love beer too. I'm allowing myself 2 nights per week to drink it though. Can't give it up totally but doesn't hurt to cut back.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Don't give up what you love or you will be destined to fail!!! Just make room for it.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    you don't have to give up beer, just drink less of it and try the Molson 67. still tastes good but has 67 cals hence the 67 in the name....