Slimfast...

Options
2»

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Slim fast gives me bloody stools and horrible stomach pains. So, I figured it's probably not good for my body.

Good Lord!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I've done it and lost 12lbs, I kept it off for along time too. But you don't really need sf products, the diet is simple, just follow 1200 calories a day. I was not exercising when I did sf because of an injury so as far as adding exercise I don't know how that would work. I think the diet suggests 30mins of exercise.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Total rubbish, especially the meal replacement bars! They're packed with sugar. I'd only recommend them if you want to develop monster cravings from hell :noway:
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have friends who use them as a recovery drink after long runs while marathon training. But never as a weight loss tool.

I could never, I like to eat too much. lol!
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Slim fast gives me bloody stools and horrible stomach pains. So, I figured it's probably not good for my body.

I ended up in hospital for 4 weeks because it damaged my intestines too!

OP, you can (and should) do whatever you choose. However, I think it may be helpful to consider both sides of the argument before making an informed decision :flowerforyou:
  • marci2lip
    marci2lip Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My husband lost about 30lbs on Slimfast two years ago and has kept it off. I think he's more of the exception than the rule, though. I tried it and ended up doing the "shake for breakfast, lunch, a few snacks, healthy dinner, dessert, cocktail" method of their diet and didn't lose diddly squat. Definitely not for me.
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I used them when I was working and didn't have time to sit and have a real lunch.It's just calorie control, I would much rather have a sandwich then one of those nasty shakes for about the same calories.Oh and they did a number on my stomach.....lets just say a bathroom had better be close by lol.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It sjust alow cal diet. There are so many other yummy healthier low calorie options I would rather do than those crappy "shakes". Plus liquids can never keep me full.