AVOCADOS~~!!!

Options

Replies

• ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Baking an egg in an avocado....

http://snapguide.com/guides/cook-an-egg-in-an-avocado/

People either love or hate this, there's no inbetweens... I love 'em!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I eat this all the time:

Cut an avocado in half and take the stone out. Cut slits in the flesh both ways. drizzle on some lime juice and chipotle tabasco then fill the pits with a little parmesan cheese and stick the halves under the broiler for a minute. Once the cheese in the pits is melty take them out and cover them both with more parmesan and stick them back under the broiler for a couple more minutes till the tops starts to get brown. Then top with more chipotle tobasco, eat it with a spoon, and thank me later.

I got that recipe from pinterest and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me.
  • ethelwenn
    ethelwenn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love my avocados with some condensed milk. YUMMY! :D
  • muppetfan13
    muppetfan13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Another great way to eat them: grilled with a little salt (I love J&R's Bacon Salt - vegetarian, low-sodium heaven) and some lime juice OR a sprinkle of shredded parmesan.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I eat this all the time:

Cut an avocado in half and take the stone out. Cut slits in the flesh both ways. drizzle on some lime juice and chipotle tabasco then fill the pits with a little parmesan cheese and stick the halves under the broiler for a minute. Once the cheese in the pits is melty take them out and cover them both with more parmesan and stick them back under the broiler for a couple more minutes till the tops starts to get brown. Then top with more chipotle tobasco, eat it with a spoon, and thank me later.

I got that recipe from pinterest and it's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Ohhhhhhhh Mmmmmmmmm Geeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I do believe I will be thanking you for this one :bigsmile:
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lvfant
    lvfant Posts: 4
    Options
    Try avacado in your morning smoothie....Delicious. I use Almond Milk unsweetened a few frozen berries blue strawberries ice cubles protein powder and an avocado!!!
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch at the moment: The Five-Minute Goat Cheese & Avocado Tortilla.
    1 small whole grain tortilla
    1 egg
    1/2 avocado
    30 g of goat cheese
    salt
    pepper
    Sriracha sauce

Scramble egg with some salt and pepper and pour onto tortilla. Chop cheese into small pieces and put on tortilla. Microwave for ca. 1:30 mins (cheese should have melted and egg should be firm).
    Peel & slice avocado. Put slices onto cooked tortilla. Add Sriracha sauce to taste & roll tortilla.
    Enjoy :bigsmile:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    YUMMMM!!

I eat them EVERYDAY!

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I make a mean guac. I love avocado so much!
  • Isakizza
    Options
    When I have tuna I use a half of an avocado in place of mayo, tastes quite yummy

Haven't tried this yet, sound like lunch today. :smile:
  • Isakizza
    Options
    When I make deviled eggs, I replace the mayo with avocado... YUMMY!! Of course they are brown the next day but who cares!!!

Add lime to avoid browning.
  • blacklaceroses
    blacklaceroses Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love avocado!!!!! i eat them almost everyday!! and i lost plenty weight with them that and coconut milk yummmy. i make a great protein shakes with these combine.
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Funny! I just finished tracking my lunch and ate *gasp* a WHOLE avocado! I love mine all kinds of ways, but when I'm hangry after a workout, unadulterated with a little bit of salt does just fine! Spread the avo-love!
  • 07JKGirl
    07JKGirl Posts: 45
    Options
    Bump for later....I love avocados
  • magpie_17
    magpie_17 Posts: 124
    Options
    I have a smoothie for breakfast every morning on my way to work:

1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 banana
    1/4 large or 1/2 small avocado
    1 scoop Iso-smooth vanilla protein powder
    water

I get 3 servings of fruits right off the bat. Nutritional breakdown:

339 calories
    45g carbs
    6g fat
    33g protein
    31 mg sodium
    21g sugar

The sugar's a little high (something I'm trying to work on in general), but they're 100% from fruit so I don't stress it too much.

Because I don't use yogurt or milk in my smoothies, I find the banana and avocado help thicken it a bit.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I eat them with a spoon, I slice them into gazpacho, I put them on my mixed salad, and sometimes I'll chuck them in my morning smoothie.
  • tbgree00
    tbgree00 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe from Abs Diet cookbook that is delicious and easy but a lot of salt so be warned:

1 avocado diced
    1 can tuna or chicken drained
    1 can black beans rinsed
    1 16oz jar of Salsa
    1 can corn drained (optional)

I mix it all together in a big bowl and chill. I call it fiesta tuna salad and it goes great on crackers, wraps etc. I prefer to eat it by itself. I usually get 4 serving out of it and that puts it at 225 calories per serving.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Three eggs or two egg whites and one whole egg. Hard boiled. Use avocado instead of mayo. Add spices. .

Hands down. Best egg salad EVER

Unless your hands are holding a fork with the avocado egg salad on it. If that's the case, don't put them down. :)
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I eat avocados everyday. So delicious !!

I scoop it out,drizzle honey over it and go to town. I love it!!!

Edited cos typing on an iPad mini sucks.