Getting back into the swing of things!

Options
Hey guys! Now that I am done with school and I can finally put more time into weight loss, what are some things that I can do to detox my body? I'm starting college in the fall and I want to look GREAT when I start. Also, what are some good chest, ab, and thigh /leg exercises that I can do to tone?

Replies

• carafroggatt
    Options
    A great way to start is to cut out regular unhealthy snacks and replace them with fruits, yogurts, and cups of tea. Also drink plenty of water of course! I find good exercises for toning to be things like squats, sit ups, plank (front and side), press ups and pull ups. These are obviously quite boring and repetitive, I often use exercise videos on you-tube which can help motivation and give different things to do!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    start drinking more water. start having a salad or more veggies at every meal.

buy a jump rope

start doing this circuit three times a week.
    5 pull ups
    10 push ups
    15 body weight squats
    repeat 3-5 times, as fast as possible.

go for a run 2-3 times a week. walking/running is acceptable to help build you up, but eventually you should just be running. keep track of how far you go. try to go a little further every week.

or ride a bike.

warm up with your jump rope before every work out. 10 minutes of jumping rope is equivalent of running an 8 minute mile.

get plenty of rest.
  • CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    hi there:) I'll be in my third year of college this fall, so props to you for thinking ahead. Start getting in the habit of eating healthy/smaller portions and saying no to sugary foods. My uni has great eating options if you look, but I see kids all the time wandering around with excessive amounts of fast food and desserts. Alcohol as well really packs on the pounds. As my hs physics teacher advised, keeping off the frosh 15 comes in 2 words, "light beer." :drinker: Most gyms have student summer deals so go ahead and get a memership if you can! Start working out with a trainer or an experienced friend, that way you can't talk yourself out of going to your school's gym come fall. Hope this helps! Feel free to add me if you like, I've been there done that with all the health temptations that come with college life :flowerforyou:
  • NotTomorrowButToday
    NotTomorrowButToday Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    u can do it, im getting back in the swing of things to!
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're already in the right mindset which is half the battle.

If you're looking to lose weight, eat less, move more.

Eat the right things, and avoid the wrong things. I'm sure there are many opinions on this, so I'll leave it vague.

Do strength training in addition to cardio, they are both important. If you can't join a gym, find workouts online; such as YouTube or Google searches.

Find your reason "why" you want to lose weight and don't forget. Write it down, tell others. Hopefully you have a good support channel, but you can do it without if you have good motivation and determination. You're already ahead of the game by thinking about it, now it's time to do it.

One site that is full of great advice is NerdFitness.com. There are many others, and I'd recommend bookmarking several of them. Good luck on your journey!