No wonder people are overweight! Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger!

Options
“Well, let’s see,” Dave Owens of Appleton, Wis., said at the fair’s opening day this month. “It’s a doughnut with chocolate-covered bacon and a cheeseburger put together. How could you go wrong?”

I saw an article online this morning about a state fair that serves up Krispy Kreme Cheeseburgers, instead of fries you can get a side of chocolate covered bacon for a whopping 1000+ calories for the meal (I think it has to be more than that!). This is just rediculous and it doesn't even sound good! There's a picture of it in the article and it doesn't look good either! :noway: :sick:
There was even a man who is diabetic quoted as saying "I'll have another one of these!". What is wrong with people? I'll stick with my lean beef on a reduced calorie whole grain roll with broccoli slaw, thank you!

Replies

• mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Eeeeewwwww...gah - I hate state fair food! It's so hard to find anything remotely healthy!

What is broccoli slaw? I've never heard of it?
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    As much as I like cheeseburgers and doughnuts... I just don't have the guts to try them together!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options

What is broccoli slaw? I've never heard of it?

I found it in the produce at WalMart...it's a package of broccoli and carrots shredded, similar to slaw made with cabbage, but it's broccoli instead. I toss that in a pan with a little rice vinegar and salt and pepper and sautee it until it's just a hair less than firm and it's so good. i put that on my burgers, very tasty and makes a regular burger into something a bit gourmet. i also toss raw broccoli slaw in my salads for added crunch and texture.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    My arteries are seizing just reading about it! :sick:

See, the problem is that none of those foods are particularly bad (WAIT, WAIT, hear me out!!), except for the donuts.

Properly cooked lean bacon or the proper portion of ground meat grilled aren't bad in and of themselves. And chocolate, especially dark chocolate, in small quantities is actually good for you.

HOWEVER, when you combine them all and go to the extreme, yep, that's bad.

Thanks Funk4Life...I think I'm off of food for the rest of the day just from imagining that bit of grotesqueness! :wink:
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I just don't understand how ANYONE can eat it! Even before I started watching what I ate, I could never touch something like that. That's a heart attack just waiting to happen..yuck!!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I had one bite of one of their donuts once and thought it was horrible . . . sickly sweet . . . uggggg. How can people enjoy those? This was before I started this journey even, and I did have a sweet tooth in that "past life" too.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I think I just had a minor stroke hearing that! :sick: How discusting and I know now why the country is overweight! This is crazy!!! :huh:
  • mariposadedios
    Options
    wow...that sounds absolutely and totally disgusting. I don't want to even think about how someone came up with that idea
  • StaceyDanielle90
    Options
    For thoes of you who want to see a picture i think its this.

http://www.techbanyan.com/12841/krispy-kreme-cheeseburgers-state-fairs-photo/
  • jesse14472
    jesse14472 Posts: 161
    Options
    The state fair serving that is here in Kentucky. I saw it on the news last night and was completely disgusted. I won't be getting that at the fair this year! UGH!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    1000 calories? Only? :huh: I wonder how carefully they're counting...
  • FunkBunny
    Options
    Yup, that's it. Here's another picture of it, too. Neither makes it look like anything I want near my lips!

http://www.thestar.com/living/food/article/848767--a-krispy-kreme-cheeseburger-only-at-the-state-fair
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    This may sound weird, but I get it....something salty with something sweet. Its like mcgriddles at mcdonalds(my old fav). I don't eat red meat so it would be impossible for me to even think of trying it, but the fatty in me understands it
  • Keisha79
    Keisha79 Posts: 63
    Options
    So ashamful.. Parents please watch what your kids put in their mouth. It's okay to feed them "bad foods" sometimes but really.. Be smart and reasonable. Their food habits carry into thier adult life.. Trust me I'm living proof.
  • lavender11
    lavender11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was researching Fastfoods for my class and came across this place called Heart Attack Grill! EVERYTHING is fried in lard and they state you eat free is you weigh over 25 stone (350lbs). The burgers are named after bypasses ie single, double, triple etc. The quadruple burger has 8000 calories! OMG I remember I felt full after watching! Is this a real place? Or am I being duped? AND if it is real- WHAT?!?!?!!? x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKRSYAuSNg
  • subtilty
    subtilty Posts: 33
    Options
    I really could not think of anything worse then a donut cheeseburger! :frown:
  • FunkBunny
    Options
    I have heard of a place with burgers named like you were saying. Yeah...it's real. The waitresses are dressed like nurses and the whole place had a "hospital feel". Just what gets my apetite going! WTF!?
  • lavender11
    lavender11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I couldnt imagine anything worse! AND I cant believe its real- I honestly thought it was taking the mick! WOW! Scary! x
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    As someone who lives within 20 miles of the birthplace of Krispy Kreme, I can attest there is nothing better than a hot Krispy Kreme right off of the fryer and I do treat myself to one about twice a year. I can also tell you I've seen it all. I think my favorite is a fund raising event where people run 1/2 of a 5K, eat a dozen doughnuts and run back! Quite amusing!

Fair food is terrible; however, I always eat the cini-minis and a country ham biscuit when the state fair comes around. It's just part of the NC experience. In years past, I've tried fried cheeseburgers, fried coke, fried twinkies, chocolate covered bacon and host of other nasties only to be dissapointed. It ain't so tasty! :D
  • 125again
    125again Posts: 28
    Options
    That doesn't sound appetizing at all.