A newbie's 1st updated weigh-in

Options
I can barely contain my excitement!!!!! I have been a memeber of MFP for 9 days & had my 1st updated weigh-in today. I was nervous all week, just praying I would see SOME results. Hoping for a pound or two. I about fell over when I saw the number on the scale.....7 lbs lost...!!!!!!!!

Just...WOW!! I had so much faith and hope starting this journey on MFP, it was my "last ditch effort" after YEARS of dieting & exercise. To see the results proves just how much MFP works and that it IS what had been missing all the other times! I thank GOD for this site and the wonderful, supportive people on it!!

I wanted to share my experience with everyone, particularly other new members who have yet to have their 1st updated weigh-in. There's proof that it DOES work, and all your efforts WILL pay off....hang in there & STICK WITH IT!!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• netgirl224
    Options
    That is SO awesome - Congrats & keep up the great work!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Welcome to MFP!
  • amberglass
    Options
    Wow. That's awesome. Thanks for sharing!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations thats awesome!!!! Such Great work for 9 days!!!! =) keep it up!!
  • beka2699
    beka2699 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, i joined today so this gives me hope that this will work and i can do it!!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    That is pretty amazing, even for a first week :D Keep it up, but don't be too dissappointed if it doesnt come off quite that fast in future weeks.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome......what a great first weigh in.....way to go!
  • tkain
    tkain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Great work! :smile:
  • scrappymel
    scrappymel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    great job!!! keep it up!
  • DanniJNoles
    Options
    Great Job Sis!!!! 7 lbs thats awesome. Keep it up!:happy:
  • weightogojen
    Options
    7 Ponds is WONDERFUL....Keep up the Good work. I:flowerforyou: lost 9 my first week and thought I was on cloud 9. Be proud of yourself you done GREAT!
  • vnix
    vnix Posts: 3
    Options
    Good job! I just started MFP today and am looking forward to shedding these last few pounds. Keep us updated :)
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the congrats!! Your support gives me the drive I need! I realize it was the 1st week, so the numbers won't continue to look this good, I just feel like it's a great start. As long as I see a gradual progression of weight loss from here, I will be extremely happy!!

I am also relieved to finally be able to say: MFP WORKS!!!! You gotta want it, and you gotta MAKE it work for you, but it DOES work! My piece of advice for other newbies like me....DON'T CHEAT YOURSELF!!
    I log every SINGLE thing that goes into my mouth. I'm here for me, not to look good or impress anyone else. So at the end of the day...I want to know the REAL calorie intake & what my real projected results could be. If I may steal a comment from another user I "spoke to"....."if it doesn't have a mother or come out of the ground, you shouldn't eat it".

I think that is such a great and simple way to put it & makes it so easy to remember what's good for you and what isn't. Thanks again for showing me so much support! GOOD LUCK to us all!!! :flowerforyou:
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    LUV IT!!!!!! Keep it up girl!! we are here for you :) xoxox
  • AJWaddlesOn
    Options
    Congrats! It feels so good to be succeful! Keep that amazing outlook and reach out for support and you will meet your goals!