Birth Control Suggestions

Options

Replies

• dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've been on Gianvi for about 6 months now. What I love about it is the 4-day placebos - my period is like, 3 days in duration and very light. It's helped substantially with cramps, acne, and the bloat.
    But I hate taking pills everyday. I have an appointment next week for the devil rod :\
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    you cant get into your family doctor until NOVEMBER??

i love Australia!
    That isn't the case with all doctors in the US. Don't judge a country by one person's experience.

OP has stated that she is in Canada, not the U.S.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I hated Yaz for one reason alone: It made me go from a person with an extremely high sex drive to literally being averse to the idea of sex. It wasn't a slightly reduced sex drive which would have been welcomed but literally being completely grossed out by the thought of it. It was really weird.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I use Kariva which is a BiPhasic instead of a Triphasic with a shortened placebo (only 2 days instead of a week). I have found it extremely helpful with both my migraines AND the length of my period. My gynecologist explained that it was due to keeping a more regular hormone level.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I used a diaphragm plus spermacide for years with no "accidents." (Since the one and only one time I went without I got preggers, I am assuming I was somewhat fertile.) Old age prevents the need of such things now but I was a smoker with Type A blood and, at that point, hormonal drugs (the pill) were not recommended for folks like me. Sometimes the old fashioned methods are still good ones. By the way, at the time, the scent-free KY jelly was also taste free. (My girlfriends and I tried some out of the tube to see what our partners would not find bad-tasting.)
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    All birth control pills cause an increase of blood clots. Lawyers just fixated on Yaz and made it a big mess. Take it if it works because your risks are the same with all hormones.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Abstinence is the best form of birth control and to be honest, you shouldn't be having sex unless it's to potentially have a child!!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Abstinence is the best form of birth control and to be honest, you shouldn't be having sex unless it's to potentially have a child!!!!

I lol'd.

Then was stricken by the fear that your serious..and lol'd again.
  • sjcook23
    sjcook23 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was on Novia 28 for 23 years and it was great. Clock work periods that lasted about 3-4 days - light. Now that I'm approaching menepause, the Novia isn't cutting it. Dr says it's because progesterone levels decrease, so periods get longer and heavier. So he switched me to trivora-28, which works great and things are back to light and 4 days.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

I lol'd.

My faith is very important to me...
  • MiawMiawMiaw
    MiawMiawMiaw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was originally on Co-cyprindiol because I had acne but when they found out that i suffered from migraines they took me off it (Increased risk of stroke- not good!)

I tried Implanon (the subcutaneous implant) but that caused a continuous period for 4 months to the point of me becoming anaemic.

Finally I was put on Cerazette. I've been on it for a year and had no problems at all. Also an added side effect for me is no periods =) (It's ok, I'm perfectly healthy)
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    You can't get pregnant from butt sex . . . just sayn.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    All birth control pills cause an increase of blood clots. Lawyers just fixated on Yaz and made it a big mess. Take it if it works because your risks are the same with all hormones.

I got a blood clot while on the generic Ortho Tri one and had never been on Yaz. When I went into the ER that was the first question they asked-'are you on a birth control pill' but they never asked which one I was taking.
  • photosarah
    photosarah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know you said no IUDs, but just going to say that I've had a copper IUD since February 2010 and it is pretty great. Only cost me $30 to get it put in and I don't have to think about it ever. Also no extra hormones ---> happiness for me.
  • JaneDough_
    JaneDough_ Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    BCGs

m-mAKLe0D3immgL_WUkmmCw.jpg
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

This is why i love you...
  • HSokol
    HSokol Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using the Nuvaring and am absolutely in love with it. The only things i need to remember is to take it out and put a new one in so i have my calendar marked; it truly has been the best decision ever for me. I used Yasmin for a looong time and loved it but when the reports about the blood clots came out, my doctor switched me. I've used ortho tri cyclen, Loestrin, and Loestrin Fe (which made me bad **** crazy and i got breakthrough bleeding regularly). Once the nuva ring came out i couldnt wait to get on it bc remembering to take the pill everyday became such a hassle.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options

I lol'd.

^^^^^THIS!!
    Sex is fun! It's my favorite hobby! (food is my second)
    lol
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

I lol'd.

My faith is very important to me...

I am not laughing. I will respect your point of view if you will respect mine.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Srsly?

You rarely see folks who aren't 15 year old boys posting that reply.