Strong Lifts 5 x 5 program for the beginner :)

Options

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sadrac4683
    sadrac4683 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love Strongs 5X5. I actually have the app on my iphone which pretty much does all the calculation for you. Medhi also has what he calls a Inner Circle. Which is pretty much a community of Strong's 5X5. I suggest you get app if you are able to and also go to youtube and he actually does Day A and Day B which are about 30 minutes long.
  • sadrac4683
    sadrac4683 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I know it says for women but a female actually recommended this group to me. There are actually guys on there as well.
  • gretchygirl32
    gretchygirl32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thank you so much for posting this! I was interested in Stronglifts and had no idea where to start!
  • Candy1629
    Candy1629 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Whoa pinterest? Lol just kidding. Awesome find. Loving the lifts!
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Love Strongs 5X5. I actually have the app on my iphone which pretty much does all the calculation for you. Medhi also has what he calls a Inner Circle. Which is pretty much a community of Strong's 5X5. I suggest you get app if you are able to and also go to youtube and he actually does Day A and Day B which are about 30 minutes long.

Thanks :) I think the images I found are from an app, but my android is busted right now :/ so hopefully this will still be of help to those who don't have smart phones :) Also I'm posting my pinterest link where I'm pinning the exercises in the stronglifts program, as well as other stronglift related videos from youtube for others to reference from (instead of searching everytime they want to view them )

EDIT: actually its not letting me edit it anymore... boo :( So Ill just post it as a comment... hopefully people still see it :)
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!

Just what I need :D Thanks!
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/zooktography/stronglifts/

I was going to add this to the original post but it isn't letting me edit anymore (guess there's a time limit?) Anyways, this link is one of my pinterest boards where I'm pinning video's about the stronglift program, and the exercises, showing the proper form of each exercise :)
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    LOVE STRONG LIFTS!
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Bookmarked. Thanks ")
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    In for anyone who is doing or starting SL and needs a friend. Have been using it since Feb of this year.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    bump.

I am not new to lifting and I am now doing 5x5 but I think that the program works well (aka good visible results), if you can lift a reasonable load or/and if you have no problems with load progressing, which I have.

Only 3 or 5 type of compound exercise doesn't cut it for me. I need to add additional legs workouts since I can't squat, and more exercise for my arms.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    bump