What did you eat today?

Options
Or what is your menu.

Although i just started this lifesyle change (meal planning/calorie counting,) I have already noticed that putting it in writing has helped me to stick to my menu. So what have you guys eaten today or plan on eating?

Maybe we can steal some menu ideas from each other as well. Every little bit helps!

AFM:

I am eating every three hours, hence the four meals

Meal 1 - .5 cup vanilla yogurt - 8:30am
Meal 2 - small salad w 2 tbs zesty italian dressing 11:30am
Meal 3 - 1 serving chicken parm (leftovers) 2:30pm
Meal 4 - dirty rice (no beef) 5:30pm was going to eat grilled yellow squash with it but..i don't have any lol.

no snacks today yaayyy!

Replies

• jamie_savage
    Options
    I had a whole wheat english muffin with 1 tbs peanut butter and 2 cups of coffee with 2 tbs skinny cream each cup. for lunch I had a lean pocket philly steak and cheese and a yoplait delights yogurt. I had some gummy bears as well. For dinner I'm having a beddar cheddar brat and a cup of steamed veggies. probably some fruit later. i've had all my water and will have some more too.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary. It's public. :smile:

I've been eating a lot of fish recently and have cut down on meat, although I only recently found out that I should only be eating fish no more than 4 times a week due to contaminants in fish. If I lived in Japan, I would eat sashimi everyday if I could! :laugh:
    I can't get enough of it!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Mine is public :)
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    BRITBRITNOLA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    How do you make it public?? I didn't know that. Now I feel silly!
  • GoChips333
    GoChips333 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
    1% Milk, 1/2 cup 110 cals
    Post - Honeycomb Cereal, 1.25 cups 100 cals

Lunch - (It's my birthday so I had myself a Double Baconator from Wendy's and it was delicious!!!)
    Wendy's - Baconator - Double, 970 cals
    Wendy's - Small French Fries, 330 cals

Dinner
    Birds Eye - Steamfresh Frozen Vegetables - Asian Medley, 1 container (3.5 cups ea.) 175 cals

Snacks
    Pop Ice - Freeze at Home Pops (6 Fruity Flavors), 3 pop (28g) 45 cals
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Brad. I envy your Wendy's
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    Breakfast: 1 cup of coffee with apple cinnamon oatmeal
    Morning snack: 1 cup of strawberries/raspberries raw
    Lunch: Boca burger w/ reduced fat pepper jack cheese on an Orowheat multi-grain sandwich thin
    Afternoon snack: Laughing cow light swiss wedge w/half a serving of reduced fat wheat thins (8 crackers lol)
    Lots of water.:drinker:

Wendy's is sounding pretty good right now!
  • larson0185
    Options
    I had the couple of bites of meatloaf left over from Monday night, some corn, a cup of black tea, a baby hearts of romaine salad with poppy seed dressing on the side, and a freezer pop for lunch.

For a snack around 4:00, I had another freezer pop and a small handful of fresh cheese curds, and a can of coke zero.

For dinner, I had some organic white cheddar mac and cheese from Trader Joe's, green beans with lemon pepper, another can of coke zero (I need to kick my soda habit--I'm concinced it's no good for me) and a large donut that was staring me in the face all day for dessert.

So far, I'm about 300 calories below my daily allotment, too! Plus, I did some housework today, which apparently earned me another 100 calories plus some change. I'm not thrilled with all of my choices so far, but I've managed to keep my portions down to the point where I'm not going over my limit. I think grocery shopping this week will look different than it has in the past... :blushing:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My diary's public (though today was not great, nutritionally).

If you'd like to make your diary public, click the Food tab, then click settings. The diary settings are toward the bottom of the page (I have to scroll down.)
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Oh, my, well....I get up at 4:30 am and work til 3:30 pm, then go to the gym, so I don't get home until 7 pm. I pack a LOT of food to take with me since I have such a long day. Here goes..............

Breakfast: 6 oz. no-fat greek yogurt, coffee with whole milk ( I have trouble getting enough fat)
    Snack: Banana
    Lunch: Large mixed field greens salad with spinach and 6 grape tomatoes (I use lemon juice and Mrs. Dash table blend as a dressing - it's great and zero calories!)
    100 g chicken breast with 2 cups steamed green beans, red and green peppers, and onions
    2.5 cups of mixed fruit salad I make myself: cantaloupe, pineapple, apple, orange, grapes, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
    Snack: Carrots and celery sticks with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow light Swiss cheese, the remains of the fruit salad
    Dinner: 150 g chicken breast with 2 oz. of whole wheat spaghetti, 1/4 cup diced tomatoes, garlic, and Mrs. Dash Italian blend

That's 1265 calories for all that! I burned another 480 at the gym. I just finished dinner and I still have over 400 cals left over, but I usually don't eat all of them back since my HRM counts the cals from weight lifting and that's not so accurate. The cardio cals are pretty close, so I try to eat those.

I'll probably finish off the night with a handful of almonds, but any more than that will put me over my carbs, so that's it. I usually have veggies at dinner, too, but I just wasn't in the mood tonight. I have a really hearty appetite and I eat throughout the day, but I try to eat really clean. If I've been really good and I feel like it, sometimes I'll have a square of chocolate at night.

Some people find my meal plan boring, but it works for me. I lift a lot, so I eat a lot of protein. I always go over on sugars due to the fruit I eat, but so far it's not causing any problems. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    Options
    Checking in for today..

So far I have had 2 multi viatamins lol. Fast day is today...Water will be my friend until 7:30p or so. It was supposed to be 6:30, but I had a mishap with chik-fila on the drive from Baton Rouge back home. I will say I only at 1 chicken finger and about 5 waffle fries, which made me feel a little better.
  • larson0185
    Options
    How come you're fasting, darlin'?

I had some chocolate soymilk for breakfast today (yummy!), and a small salad with just a little bit of dressing (I actually eat it with my fingers--I pick up a couple of leaves and dip the very ends into the dressing--it's a habit I picked up when I used to study sitting on the floor in my bedroom and didn't have time for normal-people dinner) and a fried egg, plus a freezie pop for lunch, and now I'm drinking some ginger tea. For dinner, I plan to have a burger with a bunch of tomato and lettuce on it, some mustard and a mess of green beans tossed with lemon pepper. :)
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bfst - 1 fried egg, wheat toast, tsp of shedd spread plus calcium, 1/2 cup of whole milk ( I eat this 2 days a week and Special K with 1/2 banana and milk the other 5 days)

Lunch - Stir fry with olive oil, 3 oz. lean beef, 5 med shrimp, broccoli, bell peppers, onions, garlic and 2 mushrooms and coke zero

afternoon snack - about to eat a salad with green leaf lettuce, black pepper, fat free italian, bell pepper strips and 2 tsp of parmesan cheese and a coke zero

Dinner - I'll be at work so I'll eat a lean cuisine with water. Probably that linguine dish. I forgot what it's called

8p snack - probably 3-6 pinapple chunks or 8-10 almonds
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I just made mine public-thanks for the tips :)

Breakfast was granola cereal and milk

Lunch was pinapple, 1 serving pf pretzel sticks, and a spinach wrap with ham, muenster cheese, chipotle mayo, tomato and avacado

Dinner may change but for now I have it set at greek style marinated chicken, red/green peppers with onion on pita bread and tzatziki sauce withcherry tomatos and cucumber sides

My snack was an archer farms (target) wild berry real fruit strip.

All this and I still have 70 calories left over before any work outs (if I do any today)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I made 2 scrambled eggs and put it on half a mediterranean flat bread that had one wedge of laughing cow light blue cheese spread over it. DELICIOUS!

For lunch, I had the Tasty Turkey on a whole wheat bagel from Einstein's. It comes with deli turkey, sprouts, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber, and both sides of the bagel are spread with onion & chive shmear. Yum! It also came with a pickle I didn't eat, but I did eat the Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips :D MmMm!

Snack is a royal gala apple around 4 or 5.

Dinner is being catered by work...fajitas so I can manage that just fine. Will probably only eat one fajita of steak, peppers and onions, a side of black refried beans and possibly some guacamole.

Then I'll work out and have a post-workout chocolate protein shake mixed in milk.
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    Options
    Last night I splurged... I had sushi and ice cream. Came up to 1100 or so cal. The sushi came up to 699 and all I had was one roll and a half of another. I'm going to have to take better care on my fast days. I did exercise more on the fast day though, which is a plus.
    @larson I am fasting bc that is a part of the eat stop eat method I am trying out. I have digestive issues and am hoping this will help.

So far today my menu is as follows...

Meal 1 - 1/2cup chick-fil-a yogurt parfait DONE! and delicious
    Meal 2 - small exotic fruit smoothie (recipe from fat smash book)
    Meal 3 - 2 servings grilled veggies
    Meal 4 - grilled chicken with 1/2 baked sweet potato cut into fries and 1 serving full veggies

Hope everyone is doing well and on track today! I'll check back in later