Spousal Abuse...or Just A Good Coach?

Options

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I love these posts you've made about you and your husband. It's great to hear how encouraging he is, and how appreciative you are of him. Really lovely! :flowerforyou:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I would've pulled the noodle out from under him and smacked him with it then carried on with my laps. :laugh:

I probably would have challenged him to swim with me too.
    Get off your high noodle and put your money where mouth is :bigsmile:

I should have told girls first. ED CAN'T SWIM. :laugh: He only floats. The pool is only 4 feet deep at the DEEP END, but he won't go into the pool without his noodle, even though he can stand up and walk the length of the pool without getting into more than chest high water.

Talk about a sissy. Coach Curry won't even try to dog paddle. :bigsmile:
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This was far more adorable than I expected reading the title. :')
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This absolutely brought tears to my eyes to think of the two of you working so closely and so lovingly together. I, too, am awaiting double knee replacements. It will have to wait until my hubby retires next year, so that he will be home to help me through the first part of recovery. I couldn't do it on my own. In the meantime, we are going to try Plasma rich platelet (PRP) therapy to see if that will bring some relief
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I always love to read about Special Ed and your adventures. :flowerforyou:
  • faithnna
    faithnna Posts: 42
    Options
    I would've pulled the noodle out from under him and smacked him with it then carried on with my laps. :laugh:

What she said! This made me all teary eyed. Congrats to you on becoming a swimmer & on having a great hubby there to support you along the way.
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    I could see my own husband doing this if I had him running with me. (But I think my husband knows he would make me cry so doesn't even try) Sounds like your husband knows your goals and the importance to you so he's helping you push yourself to your limits to achive those goals!
  • Smirfettewithmuscles
    Options
    What a lovely couple you two make!:flowerforyou:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    aww that is too cute a story thanks for sharing, you got a good hubby there. you look great in your swim suit, enjoy your laps!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    This melts my heart. Go Team Sue!!!!!
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Swimming laps is a great exercise! Keep at it consistently and one day you'll be able to find your perfect pace wher you feel like you can keep going indefinitely. I went from not being able to do more than 1 length without stopping to 1 mile (65 laps) non-stop in 45 minutes a month later. Even swimming my fastest, it still felt relaxing. It's great that your husband is encouraging you to keep going! I've instructed my fiance (we've been together 10 years) to push me to working out if I start saying I don't want to anymore. It makes a big difference when the person closest to you wants you to better yourself!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Y'all soundADORABLE!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    This was a great read. Love it.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

I probably would have challenged him to swim with me too.
    Get off your high noodle and put your money where mouth is :bigsmile:

I should have told girls first. ED CAN'T SWIM. :laugh: He only floats. The pool is only 4 feet deep at the DEEP END, but he won't go into the pool without his noodle, even though he can stand up and walk the length of the pool without getting into more than chest high water.

Talk about a sissy. Coach Curry won't even try to dog paddle. :bigsmile:

That's too funny :laugh:

What a cute couple :heart:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Your Husband sounds really amazing :heart:

Keep up the great work!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Your Husband sounds really amazing :heart:

Keep up the great work!

He is!!! I know that I am blessed to have such a great man as my husband. He makes everything such a joy. There is never a dull moment, when Special Ed is around.

The day is coming soon, when I will get the first of my knee replacement surgeries. I have a feeling that my rehab is going to be harder on him than on me. He cannot bear to see 'Mama' in pain.

My surgeon said that I had to lose 70 pounds, before he could put me on the list for my first surgery. Then, the evaluation and preop folks will set everything up. That will include physical therapy consults and follow up. I think that they will be pleased to know that Coach Curry has been working me hard. He even bought a stationary bicycle for me last week that will definitely be a part of my post op workouts. For now, I am forbidden to even put my feet on the pedals...doctor's orders.
  • scookiemonster
    scookiemonster Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you two have a beautiful and loving relationship, with the perfect amount of humor mixed in.

My husband motivates me too - although sometimes he drives me nuts, having him next to me pushes me to go that little step further that I wouldn't have gone alone. I think having that kind of partnership is one of the most valuable things in the world, and even when I want to smack him, I don't know what I would do without him.

Good luck with your knee replacements! I bet you'll be running laps around your Coach in no time ;-)
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Aw, he sounds really sweet. And you are awesome, Woman!! :smile:
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a keeper :wink:
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    You guys are too fricken cute.