Insanity - starting tomorrow!

Options
Anyone recently started or planning to start? Would be great to have people to help drag me through this! :o)

Replies

• unoriginalusername007
    unoriginalusername007 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm planning to start Insanity this evening! We can try to keep each other motivated. :)
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    Great workout. Hope you have partners lined up to help push and motivate you. I could never have gotten through without my "team".

Best of luck.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I started last week and it is a great workout... make sure you get a recovery meal or shake.. i was really sore for the first three days.
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday!!! Make sure you have TONS of water! I could definitely use some support with this too! Feel free to add me!
  • jennycasper
    jennycasper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of the "recovery week" between part one and part two. I insanely love Insanity. It is the hardest workout I've ever done and even the folks in the videos are sweating and panting and gasping. Totally worth it.

It frightens me that all the workouts in the second month use the word "max". Feel free to add me.
  • xxcatyxx555
    xxcatyxx555 Posts: 184
    Options
    I started Monday:) feel free to friend, you get addicted pretty quick to the videos
  • vancityduck
    Options
    I'm thinking about it but still need to find the dvds.
  • Phoenix_75
    Phoenix_75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi I am on my fourth day of insanity, feel free to add me!

I advise to drink lots of water or you will get dehydrated from the workouts. You will sweat, sweat sweat!!
    Dont try and keep up with the people on the dvd, go at your own pace.
    Do lots of stretching! I have been doing a full body stretch afterwards using a you tube vid which has helped reduce the muscle soreness.

Good luck and stick with it.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just started today! I was actually just looking for a group on MFP who was doing Insanity. Would love to have some support from others doing the program. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 of an Insanity/Chalean Extreme hybrid. It's a great but hard workout. Any insanity friends welcome to add me :)
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I've heard so much about it that I'm now wondering what I've let myself in for! ????
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I did the second fit test yesterday. I was amazed at how much I had improved in only two weeks. My biggest recommendation, beyond what has already been suggested, is to take progress pictures and body measurements. I do mine on the rest daysm first thing in the morning. It's been a huge motivation boost. It can be hard to drag yourself out there to do another punishing workout, but when you see the results in black and white, it gets easier. I didn't think I had made any real progress after only one week, but when I put the pictures next to one another, I could see a major change. The tape measure said the same. Week 2 brought similar results.

Watch your form. If you lose form, take a break. It's very easy to hurt yourself if you start doing the exercises wrong, and it's easier to do them wrong when you're tired. Be aware of it. Good luck. It's one of the hardest workouts I've ever done, but it's also one of the most rewarding.
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so excited. I just ordered Insanity. I'm super pumped to give it a try. I am a former running addict and heavy weight lifter! I think I will get into the swing of things soon, but I will be struggling at first! I want to get into a crossfit gym, and I am hoping this will be a great jumping off point! Good luck to all!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I took the measurements and photos this morning so I'm all set! I know from doing other programs (30ds etc) that you don't always see results on the scales, sometimes inch loss and visible changes are where you see them.
    I did the second fit test yesterday. I was amazed at how much I had improved in only two weeks. My biggest recommendation, beyond what has already been suggested, is to take progress pictures and body measurements. I do mine on the rest daysm first thing in the morning. It's been a huge motivation boost. It can be hard to drag yourself out there to do another punishing workout, but when you see the results in black and white, it gets easier. I didn't think I had made any real progress after only one week, but when I put the pictures next to one another, I could see a major change. The tape measure said the same. Week 2 brought similar results.

Watch your form. If you lose form, take a break. It's very easy to hurt yourself if you start doing the exercises wrong, and it's easier to do them wrong when you're tired. Be aware of it. Good luck. It's one of the hardest workouts I've ever done, but it's also one of the most rewarding.
  • kju52
    kju52 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i started insanity on june 3rd, not loving it as much ..
  • amorris1993
    Options
    I started Insanity on Monday and I'm incredibly sore!
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    I started Insanity on Monday and I'm incredibly sore!

I started Monday too! I'm happy when I can get out of bed in the morning!! But it's a good sore feeling =)
  • s007960
    s007960 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am almost finished with the 64-day Insanity videos! I LOVE this program, even though I did not see dramatic results in the first month. Myself, and several others I work with who are also doing the series, have all noticed that the biggest results come in the second month, so be patient! I had to stop weighing myself on a weekly basis, because I was getting discouraged with the number not moving much. However, I see a noticeable difference in how my clothes fit (in a very good way!) and in my endurance. Now, compared to Insanity, road running feels like a welcome break!

The biggest issue I have with Insanity is a combination of environment and footwear. Insanity did not work out so well on hardwood floors...I was sweating soooo much that it was getting on the floor and I'd start slipping and sliding in it! I bought some of those snap together exercise mats, but they just came apart in some of the floor moves (jumping back into a plank position, for example). Oh, and I had to get some of the fingerless workout gloves with the grippy stuff because my hands would sweat and slip. In speaking with others, I understand that I'm not entirely alone in that this program makes you sweat unbelievably! My slipping problem was solved by moving my laptop up to my bedroom and doing Insanity on the carpeted floor.

Secondly, I've tried over a dozen different pairs of shoes out in doing Insanity. None of them felt good, and some of the more supportive ones (Brooks Glycerin) made me feel like I was going to roll my ankle in many of the moves. I don't really think that your feet need that much support in this workout. The shoes I've found that work the best are the minimalist styles (I like Merrell, Inov-8 and New Balance). Even better than the minimalist shoes....try it BAREFOOT! I just figured this out in my last two weeks of Insanity that this feels the best, gives me the most control, and I can do the moves with better form. Another person I work with has also gone to this and says he prefers it, too.

Best wishes to you....it DOES become addictive, but you will feel a real sense of accomplishment as you advance through the weeks! And I'm willing to bet that you will see a noticeable improvement in your strength, endurance and appearance.
  • s007960
    s007960 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am almost finished with the 64-day Insanity videos! I LOVE this program, even though I did not see dramatic results in the first month. Myself, and several others I work with who are also doing the series, have all noticed that the biggest results come in the second month, so be patient! I had to stop weighing myself on a weekly basis, because I was getting discouraged with the number not moving much. However, I see a noticeable difference in how my clothes fit (in a very good way!) and in my endurance. Now, compared to Insanity, road running feels like a welcome break!

The biggest issue I have with Insanity is a combination of environment and footwear. Insanity did not work out so well on hardwood floors...I was sweating soooo much that it was getting on the floor and I'd start slipping and sliding in it! I bought some of those snap together exercise mats, but they just came apart in some of the floor moves (jumping back into a plank position, for example). Oh, and I had to get some of the fingerless workout gloves with the grippy stuff because my hands would sweat and slip. In speaking with others, I understand that I'm not entirely alone in that this program makes you sweat unbelievably! My slipping problem was solved by moving my laptop up to my bedroom and doing Insanity on the carpeted floor.

Secondly, I've tried over a dozen different pairs of shoes out in doing Insanity. None of them felt good, and some of the more supportive ones (Brooks Glycerin) made me feel like I was going to roll my ankle in many of the moves. I don't really think that your feet need that much support in this workout. The shoes I've found that work the best are the minimalist styles (I like Merrell, Inov-8 and New Balance). Even better than the minimalist shoes....try it BAREFOOT! I just figured this out in my last two weeks of Insanity that this feels the best, gives me the most control, and I can do the moves with better form. Another person I work with has also gone to this and says he prefers it, too.

Best wishes to you....it DOES become addictive, but you will feel a real sense of accomplishment as you advance through the weeks! And I'm willing to bet that you will see a noticeable improvement in your strength, endurance and appearance.
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    So how's everyone feeling so far?! =D I'm sore, but not quite as sore as last night! I'm thinking what I've read is right about the 3rd day being your most sore! Hopefully it'll continue to just get better xD