Who can resist a snack?

Options
I've always had a problem with portions. But for me I think it's more so of self control. I can eat a good serving size and then just go for more because it's so good! The problem isn't what I'm eating because I absolutely LOVE fruit and healthy snacks especially grapes and cherries. My real problem is how and how much! Please tell me I'm not the only one... :ohwell:

Replies

• Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Definitely not the only one! I can be contently full and look back at my plate "Oh there's not THAT much left, it wont hurt"... Haha I think a lot of it for me is I like having some sort of flavor in my mouth! I should really start chewing gum.. But munching on other food is usually so much better! >.<
  • FrecklesAndLocs
    FrecklesAndLocs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So. It would be awesome if you were the only one, because then I would not be able to relate. However. I am sad to say. I feel ya. I love fruit much more than chocolate or candy or junk food in general. I have portion control issues. To top it all though. I also feel like if I don't eat it all now, someone in my house (my ill father in law as well as my brother in law live with us, 4 adults two kids) will snatch it up. And I pay a pretty penny for my all organic-grassfed-oreos! (jk) LMBO! You get my drift.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    No problem here...unless by snack you mean beer...Jedi Knights love beer...

1337004760854736.gif
  • Frostbitten007
    Frostbitten007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have some helpful tips to healthy eating and snacking. Use smaller plates and measure out everything. For example 3 oz of lean meat is about the size of your fist. Choice your snacks wisely. Choose lightly salted popcorn that does not contain butter over chips and dip. Do NOT overeat. Eat slowly. That way your food has time to work into your stomach so you feel full. Limit soft drinks and sugary beverages.