caloric calculator tool i found

hey guys, i just found this neat little tool (http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/)
it calculates how many calories you should eat daily, changing each week as you lose weight. you can put a goal weight and goal date in order to line it up correctly, but im curious as to how accurate it is. anyone want to input their stats and see if it seems like its a good tool?

Replies

• NJD2885
    NJD2885 Posts: 216 Member
    i put in my stats and it had me eating 1059 calories at the end of my weight loss, there is no way i would go that low
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Seems iffy. I set it to losing 50lbs in 12 months and eventually it would want me to eat less than 1200 calories a day.

edit: That's should equal out to be a 0.9lb per week loss (52 weeks in a year).
  • fluffymcfluffster
    fluffymcfluffster Posts: 51 Member
    Didn't have me below 1200 calories, actually above 1300 but that is because I only wanted to lose 1 pound per week. However, I think it does not take enough into consideration to be accurate... Just my two cents!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Ya, that was way off.

Besides, I don't see the wisdom in giving time based loss goals in to the hands of people that have no clue what is reasonable and realistic with out having negative consequences.

Good grief, look at how many women (generally) select Sedentary on MFP to be on the safe side. And then select 2 lb weekly loss because of being in a hurry despite 1 lb being recommended.
    And then wonder why they stall out sooner or later.

Plus, people already have problems with selecting their activity level between 5 levels in normal TDEE table, that only has 4.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Even putting in that I want to lose 15 pounds over 6 months, it has me eating lower than I want to eat.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    I found this nifty little tool for calculating and tracking my calories. It's called MyFitnessPal!