Eating the same thing everyday

Options

Replies

• AprilMae1975
    AprilMae1975 Posts: 726
    Options
    Yep, i tend to have the same thing for all meals monday thru friday. Then on the weekends, we cook healthy but better stuff. This takes all guessing out and i usually have everything because i normally buy the same stuff at the store. Plus, i loose weight faster when i stick to the same stuff. Not sure why.

It's great to hear from people that this idea can work!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I have basically eaten the same breakfast for 8 years not for dieting purposes but because I like it and it fills me up.

6 egg whites, 1 cup of frozen spinach(defrosted and squeezed out) and 1 ounce of cheese eaten with salsa and sometimes sour cream. Yum:)

I do eat the same lunch for weeks at a time during the weekdays. I switch it up on the weekends but not by much.

Some people need variety and some don't. To each his own... I eat a lot of the same things because I want to.

So I guess not all people get sick of eating the same thing!! There are a few things I really love that are healthy and I don't think i'd get tired of eating.
  • Longisland2NC
    Longisland2NC Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I find it easier too to eat alot of the same things during the day.....I switch it up a bit (Cottage cheese and fruit one day, and maybe Greek Yogurt the next) They are both around the same calories and I know I am eating something healthy and fits into my calories for the day/week. I always make batches of chicken...sometimes I make it as a wrap, another as a chicken/taco type salad - etc...

You have to do what works for YOU!

Good luck!
  • Farmerj2000
    Farmerj2000 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

I eat the same breakfast/lunch most weekdays, and I'm fine with it. It takes out a lot of the guesswork, and it's filled with enough fruits and vegetables becoming "malnourished" isn't an issue. Nights and weekends, I vary things.

I agree with this and have done it for the last 9 months. works for me, keeps it simple. I'm not big on cooking so I stick with my go to meals, snacks and protein shakes.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    How did we make it to page twop without someone saying orthorexic?

Booooooooooooo

Orthorexic...

Perhaps think of a few different meals and cycle them. I prefer a lot of variety, but, if you try and figure out the "healthiest" meal possible, and always eat the same meals, you WILL have deficiencies UNLESS you do a fair amount of research and make sure you're getting a proper balance of micro nutrients in said diet..

In other words, if said diet was deficient in iron and potassium, and you ate it every day, its not healthy, no matter how "clean" you think it is. This is just an example.

BOOM

Makes total sense, thanks!!
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have 2 make-ahead breakfasts that I switch between during the week (oatmeal with yogurt and dried fruit or spinach egg cups)

Lunches are often leftovers, so they vary quite a bit.

I usually bring 4 small snack foods for mid-morning and mid-afternoon. I have about 8 things that I rotate between...so there is a bunch of overlap there too.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit, especially when it comes to food. I go through phases where I'll eat the same things for several weeks/months before getting bored and moving onto something else. I didn't have problems losing weight doing this and I don't have issues maintaining either.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Monday through Friday I usually have a greek yogurt and 2 cheese sticks for breakfast. Lunch I will usually get a pita wrap sandwich with grilled chicken and fresh veggies and tzatziki sauce. Dinners are different every night.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing m - f, the weekends screw me all up unless I'm left alone to stay to my same schedule during the week. This has worked for me for months, I average losing 2 pounds/week.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I eat a very limit menu for breakfast and lunches, dinners are a bit more varied but its so much easier to keep track without any guess work, I don't have to think if it fits into my goals I simply know it does , cant eat for nutrition sake and get on with my day.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much the same breakfast and lunch every day during my working week; the main variation being the type of cereal!

Dinners vary (my husband cooks those so they're usually reasonably healthy) and if I'm feeling naughty I'll have a banana instead of a yoghurt for my morning snack. Hell some days I have both :)

If I get bored I've got the option to change but it works for me and saves me faffing about too much with working out my calories EVERY day - I can just copy from the day before.
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    I've tried that before, and personally, I would get "bored" with it and find myself eating less... So maybe that's a good thing? :laugh:
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same things everyday. I prep my meals for the week so it keeps me on track.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a lot of the same foods every day because I'm not a cook and I need simple recipes and foods that I know I can prepare easily. I have had problems in the past with big ideas and food getting wasted. It also helps when I go grocery shopping because I don't have to make a super detailed list and I can buy a lot just from thinking about what I need in the store.

On the occasion that I do want to try new things I limit myself to ONE thing... if I like the first one I try I end up eating that several times and everything else is forgotten. Once I try and perfect the new things it is added to the rotation.

This week for example I got a big thing of turkey from costco. Lunches are turkey wraps and dinners are turkey salads. They feature a lot of the same ingredients but leave one out here, add another there and I have some variety. It also leaves me flexible so I don't get stuck without one ingredient. Turkey, black olives, avocado, romaine lettuce and shredded cheese top my list most weeks.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I go grocery shopping and eat the same thing for a week straight.. then when I go shopping again I try to change it up.

Example: I bought cheese sticks 2 weeks ago.. so everyday I have a cheese stick for snack. when I remember my yogurt I have a half a cup with fruit or honey everyday. I eat eggs so often, usually hard boiled. I try to mix them with things just to vary it a bit.. but just an egg works too. Breakfast is usually my shake or the yogurt. I do have cereal i might be eating some of that this coming week. But for lunch. Also. my salad with dinner. When I eat at home.. it's always the same.. i LOVE it. baby spinach, carrots, broccoli, peppers, zucchini, squash (when I have it), cucumbers, tomatos, garlic, apple juice sweetened cranberries, feta or cheddar,sun flower seeds all with lemon squeezed over it. it takes up half my plate.

I have quite a few staples though that appear almost daily.

I bought hummus this week.. I'm excited to eat it. LOL
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    So I am thinking of eating the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch. I think this might be the only way to stay disciplined. I could switch it up from week to week just so I don't get too tired of the same thing. Is there anyone else out there that does this and if so, does it work for you?

Works for me...all my meals are basically the same daily except dinner. If I give myself too much variety, I crave crazy foods!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast everyday ( and I have for years) because it's what I crave in the morning ( egg, 2 toasts, pb, cheese)but I don't think I could do the same lunch or dinner everyday though I would get really bored.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    same here. it is easier for me to do my lunches if it is the same and healthy. Rice, Veggies and a protein - usually albacore or tuna. I would recommend putting different seasonings, dressings with your emails to add change... such as pico de gallo, tomatillo, hot sauce or even Parmesan cheese... Salads typically always for dinner - with chicken - I just change up the veggies... my snacks are always protein shake (mix up fruit sometimes), chobani yogurt and a bar..

same but different. :) good luck!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I've been eating variations of the same breakfast, lunch, and snacks during the work week for two years. Works for me and I'm not bored yet.
  • aspmg5
    aspmg5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast every day (6 ounces greek yogurt, 1/4 cup granola, 1 tablespoon chia seeds) and then I will typically eat the same types of foods for lunch and dinner (turkey or salmon). It's just easier for me that way.