favorite salad dressing

Options
nak1a
nak1a Posts: 69 Member
What's everyone's favorite salad dressing? Do you buy a store-brand or do you make your own?

Currently my favorite, go-to dressing is Kraft's Caesar Vinaigrette (70 calories for 2 tbsp)

Replies

• legendaryskunk
    Options
    I use to enjoy thousand island but about a year ago my boyfriend introducted me to his homemade salad dressing on our first turkeyday together. Its a mixture of adobo seasoning, vinager and oil. Since then, thats my go-to. Plus its easy to make.
  • mace1285
    mace1285 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden's Light Italian dressing, only 30 calories for 2 tbs!
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Definitely the ginger style one that I get from Japanese restaurants. I need to find time to make it myself.
  • legendaryskunk
    Options
    Are you refering to the 'white sauce' they pass off as ginger sauce?
  • mbryanlpc
    mbryanlpc Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ken's Steakhouse Blue Cheese. It's really high in fat & calories, so don't I have it much, but it is sooooo good!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    My favorite is O'Charleys honey mustard dressing. I do not pour it on my salad though. I dip the tip of my fork in a side dish of it before putting salad on my fork. That way I taste it but the salad is not drowning. Saves me lots of calories too
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat chicken with my salad. So I have really grown to enjoy using balsamic vinegar.
  • WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    This topic is great! I was just about to post asking if anyone had any healthy salad dressings. I can find low calorie but haven't really found low calorie and low sodium and I eat salad just about every day with dinner.
  • pbass1
    pbass1 Posts: 9
    Options
    Bolthouse Honey Mustard Dressing. 45 c. for 2 Tbsp. Really...Really Good!
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Are you refering to the 'white sauce' they pass off as ginger sauce?

No, when I get Bentos at the little local sushi places or I think they also have it at Bennihana, but it is a lot of shaved ginger marinated in something.
  • danamariers
    danamariers Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    the leftover olive oil from roasting a head of garlic makes great garlic dressing for your salad the next day :)
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like Maple Grove Farm brand they have many sugar free and fat free versions that taste great. I like their balsamics and their greeks far. I try to buy a new flavor each time I run out. Almost time for a new bottle ;)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own blend of olive oil & lemon juice! Or just the olive oil :tongue:
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    low fat basalmic vinegarette dressing
    store bought
  • DahliaBanker
    DahliaBanker Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I make my own rasberry vinagrette but, dang, it's high in sugar just by adding the rasberry jam! I try different things but now I'm using fat-free western. Again, high in sugar but low calorie and no fat. I like sweet dressings but they really increase but they don't help my sugar numbers!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    balsalmic vinegar or salsa
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Olive Garden Lite. But my everyday go to is the Maple Grove Farms Fat Free Balsamic Vinegarette. 2 TBS = 15 calories. Yes 15!! Plus it's awesome.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    Lime and sweet chilli sauce
    Balsamic vinegar and olive oil
    Whole egg mayonnaise

I make the first 2 myself and buy the mayo as a treat to myself.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    2 TBLs of flavored rice vinegar with 1 Tbl of olive oil.I add garlic,Italian seasoning & salad seasoning,a bit of pepper.Yum!
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like the marzettis simply dressed light ranch. 1tbsp is around 35 cals. I am not a fan of balsamic/oily dressings. The other one I buy is marzettis blue cheese vinaigarette.