Any mothers in their 30's trying to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• reneekise
    reneekise Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am 35 with a 12 year old and 9 year old daughter. I have lost 31 pounds with 22 more to go. One of my biggest challenges is the guilt I feel when I work all day and then work out after work, but I know that it is for the best. Feel free to add me, I need motivating friends! :)
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm 30 and mum to 8yo and 4yo girls and a 1yo boy. I've been fat all my life (except for when I met my husband at 16, I spent about a year being really fit then had to drop sport for weekend/after school work (had to pay board to my mum) and study. I decided after seeing a pic of myself at Easter that I'd finally do something about my huge weight (was over 105kg) so I found MFP. I've been up and down over the last few months, losing and gaining the same 2kg, but I'm back in the right mindset at the moment to get some more losses on the board! I bought my first weight set yesterday and I'm going to start Stronglifts 5x5 and lift heavy! Look out!

I'm eating around 1850-1900 cals a day. I tried 1200 for 2 days and was sick, lightheaded and hangry! I ate all the sweets in the pantry and started at a more moderate deficit the following day. I realised that for me to stick to this lifestyle change I'd still need to eat and be happy!

Stats

Height: 163cm
    SW: 105.7kg
    CW: 101.7
    GW: 65-70kg (or an Aussie size 12, If I'm 70kg with low BF% and lots of muscle I'd be happy!)

If you have the same or similar fitness goals as me then feel free to add me :)
  • TheJamLady
    TheJamLady Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 & have three kids ages 8,5, & 5 1/2 weeks old. I've just started back to working out post-partum. With a busy house and trying to juggle life with three, I'm learning how to fit exercise in all over again. I'd appreciate support from other moms who've been there or are going through the same now. Feel free to add me.
  • ChristyMomx3
    ChristyMomx3 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hello I just turned 31 in June. I have been married 10 years and I have a 11, 9 and 5 year old. I am 55 and I weight 202. I lost from 214lbs down to 189lb then screwed up and gained back to 202. I really want to be 135lbs but at the moment 175 sounds good.
  • ssrose33
    ssrose33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    age 33 - happily married with 3 kids ages 2,5,6. trying to be healthy and in shape. lost 50lbs since jan. have about 40 more to go
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am 33 with two boys ages 6 and an 8 month old. I am trying to lose the last 10 pounds of baby weight so I can move on to losing the 30 pounds I should have lost before getting pregnant :drinker:
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a SAHM to 4, ages 17, 14, 7 and 2...I'll be 35 next month. I'm 6 months into my journey and I am here every day with open diary for friends!!
  • cocoagirl75
    Options
    Hello! I am 38, a SAHM with 2 children, ages 17 and 15. I am only 1 week into my journey. My goal is to lose 30 pounds and get toned. I can truly say that I feel soooo much better now that I am working out regularly, changed my diet and am drinking much more water (in place of soda and juices). Please feel free to add me :)
  • amandabrooke17
    amandabrooke17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I'm a 32 yr-old mom & my kids are 2yrs & 4yrs. I'm almost to the maintenance stage...oh so close, and have some Fall races to train for as well as my first half-Marathon in early 2014.
  • Karinlin25
    Karinlin25 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me! Just turned 30 this year and desperately want to get healthy. Have two boys, 10 and 5. 5'6 and weigh 204, shooting for goal weight of 150. Been on MFP for over 18 months and have gained weight :/
  • 4men1lady79
    4men1lady79 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    33 here with 3 boys -5, 2.5, and 1.5! feel free to add me :-) my diary is also open!
  • Gagirl79
    Gagirl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and have a 11 y/o boy and 7 1/2 y/o little girl. I also work full-time:) Feel free to add
  • kimjj1025
    kimjj1025 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 33 year old working mother of two (almost 4 and 15 months). My diary is also open, so feel free to friend me. I could also use the support to get into shape. I'm currently using Jillian Micheal's 90 Day Body Revolution and I'm struggling to do it consistantly. I would love to gain some friends and support here too! :flowerforyou:
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    38... I have 3 boys 16, 13 and 11...
  • resalemom
    resalemom Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 38 years old and have two boys. They are twelve and eight. I have been on a platue for over a year. I really want to kick it and move forward. I have been working on losing the last 10-20 lbs for over 2 years. Things just seem to keep happening. Not making excuses, I just keep going and do what I can do. Would love more friends on MFP!
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..open diary..mother of an awesome very active little boy. Would love to share the journey with you (Others are welcome to add too) :)
  • 7041lynette
    7041lynette Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and have 5, a 15 year old a 14 year old a 7, 6, and my baby destiny 5 year old. Having back to back kids shot and killed my body. My 7 and 6 year old are only a few days apart in birthdays but was trying to give my husband a football player and he got stuck with cheerleaders.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and I have a 13 year old, a 9 year old and a 2 year old. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    will be 32 in August. single mom of a 4 yr old :)
  • hgambaro124
    hgambaro124 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'm 33 with a 3 year old boy trying to get healthy :)