Is anyone doing Carb Nite Solution?

Options
karamille
karamille Posts: 79 Member
If not, is there a way to search the board for key words to look for other threads about it? Is there a way to change my food diary to reflect my macro goals - not the fitness pal ones?

If you are doing carb nite, how far in are you? Are you still losing well? What are your favorite meals?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    uh...every night is Carb Night at my house...

To change your macros to custom go to -

MY HOME> Goals> Change Goals> Custom
  • karamille
    Options
    LOL. Carb nite solution is ultra low carb for 9.5 days of "reorientation" and then you get one eveing of carbs. After that you get one carb evening a week, the rest of the time is ultra low carbs. I just had chicken sauted in brown butter with garlic, broccoli salad (broccoli mixed with crumbled bacon, a small handful of sunflower seeds, shredded cheese and ranch dress), and a low carb cheesecake for dessert. Drinking a chai tea latte before bed. I've lost about 10lbs in as many days.

Thanks for the info on changing goals.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Can you have any carbs you like on carb nite? Like pasta, potato or cake?
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you're going to go into ketosis why not just stay there?
  • karamille
    Options
    Yes any carbs you like on carb nite, just don't go buck wild with the fat. Such as... you would chose a tomato sauce instead of an alfredo sauce for your pasta. And you wouldn't sit down an eat a can of frosting - you would put some relatively lower fat cake underneath said frosting. :) But potatoes, candy, pasta, pastries, fresh bread, soft pretzels - knock yourself out.

Why not stay in ketosis? The book explains it better than I can, but by causing an insulin spike, you get a leptin spike, which accelerates fat loss. Its not a cheat night - it has purpose. :)
  • karamille
    Options
    Can you have any carbs you like on carb nite? Like pasta, potato or cake?

Yes any carbs you like on carb nite, just don't go buck wild with the fat. Such as... you would chose a tomato sauce instead of an alfredo sauce for your pasta. And you wouldn't sit down an eat a can of frosting - you would put some relatively lower fat cake underneath said frosting. :) But potatoes, candy, pasta, pastries, fresh bread, soft pretzels - knock yourself out.
  • karamille
    Options
    If you're going to go into ketosis why not just stay there?

Why not stay in ketosis? The book explains it better than I can, but by causing an insulin spike, you get a leptin spike, which accelerates fat loss. Its not a cheat night - it has purpose. :)
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    just out of curiousity...what is ultra low carb? like how many grams? I've never heard of this one, so just wondering. Thanks, and congrats on your loss!
  • mmwiseman
    mmwiseman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yes! just started carb nite exactly a week ago and have already lost 4 pounds! my picture from last week to this week looks more like 8-10 pounds lost though because i'm actually building muscle while losing fat. best diet ever.

I love pepperoni as snacks. eas advantedge is what I do for breakfast (4 net carbs). I've done tacos with ground turkey on low-carb tortillas with spinach leaves and salsa, bacon wrapped asparagus (2 asparagus stalks with a little olive oil and garlic salt, wrapped in a slice of bacon, cooked at 350 for 15-20 min), Hormel makes a ready to cook pork loin that's great. this is the best diet because I can still go out to eat with my friends anywhere and it's not a problem to find a steak or chicken breast to order.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    uh...every night is Carb Night at my house...
    Same here
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    just out of curiousity...what is ultra low carb? like how many grams? I've never heard of this one, so just wondering. Thanks, and congrats on your loss!
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Just started carb nite solution Sunday so I am on day 4 and loving it. I feel so much better. I didnt read the book though does the book specify counting net carbs or actual carbs?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ^ how do you start a diet without reading the book? arent' you worried you might be missing some key point?

I remember when I lost all my weight somersizing I'd hesitate to start explaining it to people for fear they'd start just cutting carbs all willy nilly and wouldn't be able to do it right and it would suck. libraries have books for free.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I got all the key points from someone that has been successful at it. i read the first three chapters online and the first three chapters where all about why other diets don't work. So I think I am good. I just have a few questions I am going to run by my friends when I get a chance.
  • karamille
    Options
    Just started carb nite solution Sunday so I am on day 4 and loving it. I feel so much better. I didnt read the book though does the book specify counting net carbs or actual carbs?

Its total carbs minus fiber. It does differ from adkins because sugar alcohols count. So if you chew sugar free gum with sugar alcohols, you gotta count it towards your total carbs. The book does have some good reference charts, quick list of "safe foods", and lots of recipes. He also has a blog that has a lot of great recipes posted there too.
  • karamille
    Options

Less than 30. Shoot for 20 in case you miscount.
  • karamille
    Options

Less than 30. I stay around 20 in case I miscounted anything. My husband has lost 18lbs in 15 days,
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was about beer.
    *tip-toes out
  • nume123
    nume123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started back with low carb last week and have lost 9 lbs so far :) Carb nite solution sounds interesting, will definitely check it out. Thanks for posting!!
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I did Kiefer's other program, Carb Back Loading, for a while. I still try to follow the basic principle with carb cycling, but not the exact CBL prescription.