I need a weightloss buddy. :(

Options
I'm trying to go from 148 to like 125ish (but I'd be happy with 130!).

I'm 5'3 and almost 22 years old and also have a 15 month old little girl! I have lost weight before, when I was 18 I went from 117 to 165 (my mother called it comfort weight since this is the same time I met my husband), and lost my weight down to 125 by diet/exercise and then got pregnant! When I was pregnant, I went from 125 to 177!!!! Around March, I decided I want to fit my old clothes (at about 157pds). I am now down to 148 but I am starting to fail at this and have ALOT of cheat days.

I don't have any friends around me that want to lose weight and it seems when I mention the word diet around my husband he brings home cookies and ice cream( and he won't gain a pound from it, err!)! I do want to lose this weight but just don't have the motivation or support- so here I am! I have been yoyo dieting since about march. I want to start a brand new diet and keep it up and need a friend to go to when I want that snickers bar to tell me no!! Help me?

Any hints or advice...? Be my friend?.... :)

Replies

• Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am sending a friend request now! We're a little different....I'm 5'6 trying to get from 144 (from almost 165)down to 135 ish. The final stretch is hard, and I'd love a friend around the same stage with me! I have an open diary, anyone please feel free to add!
  • SilentMelody
    SilentMelody Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people that has continuously falling off the wagon and scrambling back up again so I understand the problems facing you. Especially when you're trying to do better but the people around you don't seem to understand that. You can add me if you like :) I try to be as motivating as I can, even when I'm on my off days.

My suggestions would be for one thing, don't think of it as a diet. Think of it as a lifestyle change. Then try to incorporate healthy options. If your hubby wants ice cream: go for frozen yogurt or fruit bars, there's even lots of recipes of using frozen bananas to make your own ice cream. There are also a lot of recipes for some better for you cookies and all kinds of things! It's actually quite amazing the amount of recipes that are out there. Just need to find some better snacks and try to keep away from the bad stuff. Also try to get the people around you on board lol
  • 123tryingtobefree
    Options
    add me ^^b
  • Mamagill08
    Mamagill08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and weigh 130 right now. I have a 12 month old daughter and a 5 year old son. I weighed 170 when I gave birth to my daughter last year and 198 when I gave birth to my son in 2008. I have always had a hard time losing weight and have finally had success on here! I am sending a friend request and you can feel free to add me. I love motivating people and having them motivate me. Its definitely a hard journey but one worth making!
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ????????I'm here all the time, welcome newbies. Feel free to add me, I'm nice, & almost @ 170 days!!! Always good to have supportive MFP freinds????????
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a busy mom of 5, I work full-time, go to school full-time and have lost over 60lbs in a year. I used to be a personal trainer so I have lots of motivating suggestions! :)
  • JessicaHolley135
    Options
    ME too! I have always had trouble losing weight but this 235 business is harmful to my health! I need support!
  • missarielbaby
    missarielbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    To Becky,

Whoa! How do you handle 5 !!!! Bless your heart! My sister is pregnant after having her 1st 6 months ago, I'm not sure what to call her, there is this thin line between crazy and insane. How have you been dieting or better when do you find time?! I go back to school in the fall, but I'm doing all my classes online since I work full-time with crazy hours.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 and trying to lose the last 17 pounds. I'm looking for friends who have less than 20 pounds to lose, as we know it takes that much more dedication and time to succeed!!
  • missarielbaby
    missarielbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 and trying to lose the last 17 pounds. I'm looking for friends who have less than 20 pounds to lose, as we know it takes that much more dedication and time to succeed!!

You got that right! It took me it seemed like a month to lose like 4 pounds! I definitely do not lose weight very easily!
  • AshleyPorter1003
    AshleyPorter1003 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain... i'm trying to lose some serious weight also and trying to get back into shape!! I love this website. Everyone is really supportive!! Feel free to add me :) ... That goes for anyone! :)
  • tammysuebradley
    Options
    need a buddy too, but i am just starting out today is my first day.
    i am almost 45 and have 4 girls with my youngest at 6yr, old. just can't seem to get rid of all this weight. I am a great motivator to other ppl just not for myself..lol so friend me if you want. it would be nice to help you if i can..
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am open to be buddies with anyone who would like one. I am doing VERY good on my diet. Lost 5lbs already in the first month (and I wasn't completely behaving). I am also a yoyo dieter (who isn't really...), and I started a diet that I think I cand live with for the rest of my life. It's cheap, healthy, and I get no cravings! \o/

I am 26 years old, 4 feet 9 inches (yep, I am a shorty). As of yesterday, I weighed 182lbs. My goal is 115lb. I am a cheapskate, a scrooge. I will spend minutes trying to figure out the biggest bang for my buck on a single grocery item. :)

My food budget is $125 a month for 2 people, and I accomplish it.
  • kimfrench78
    Options
    Add me, I need as much support as I can get and give in return. I am doing this on my own, as my husband isn't interested in diet or exercise! It's not an easy road, but I have to do it!!!
  • LexiAtel
    Options
    I added you! \o/

Do you have a dog to walk with? I take my poor Jack Russel out, but she gets tired after about 20mins, hahaha! I need to get a Blue Healer, they have a TON of energy.
  • blissgirl99
    Options
    feel free to add me ppl. i need all the support i can get and happy to help others if i can. iv been a binge eater/starver all my life, fat, thin, fat thin, total newby here, 1st day .. scary
  • blissgirl99
    Options
    im 209, its so hard but iv made my mind up im doing it! i want to be healthy again and full of life and energy!
  • LexiAtel
    Options
    All the new dieters, make sure you get enough protein, that's a mistake I made last month when I began my diet... I felt so hungry and shaky all the time. When I realized I needed more protein and started increasing it, I have felt SOOO much better :)
  • jennjorgensen
    jennjorgensen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 37 5'5 currently 165 from 195 in Feb, still have 15lbs to go. I have 3 boys (9,5,3) and I run a home daycare and am constantly moving around. My highest was 250 in 2004 and lowest 146. I would get to where I wanted and go back to my old habits-it took me this long to realize that I need to track all the time:) I also struggle with having anyone around me being serious about losing weight-like to talk about it but don't do anything:(
    I am a huge cheerleader for anyone on this journey:)
    New to MFP in the last 2 wks.
    Feel free to add me always like having others to bounce things off of.
  • osama_1963
    Options
    Hey there I need motivation I am a lonely

My name is osama_1963 add me please